Winchester Q4369 .40 Cal ammo

This is a discussion on Winchester Q4369 .40 Cal ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone using the Winchester Q4369 .40 call ammo. From what I can find on the net that it is the same as the PDX-1 ...

Thread: Winchester Q4369 .40 Cal ammo

Distinguished Member

Winchester Q4369 .40 Cal ammo

Is anyone using the Winchester Q4369 .40 call ammo. From what I can find on the net that it is the same as the PDX-1 but it was packaged for the FBI ammo contract. I found on on SGammo and I am thinking about switching from the 180Grain Gold Dots I use now because it seems to be about half the price. I was just wondering if anyone has used this and had any problems.

50 rds - 40 cal 180 grain Bonded Hollow point Winchester Q4369 ammo | SGAmmo.com
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Is anyone using the Winchester Q4369 .40 call ammo. From what I can find on the net that it is the same as the PDX-1 but it was packaged for the FBI ammo contract. I found on on SGammo and I am thinking about switching from the 180Grain Gold Dots I use now because it seems to be about half the price. I was just wondering if anyone has used this and had any problems.

50 rds - 40 cal 180 grain Bonded Hollow point Winchester Q4369 ammo | SGAmmo.com
    No issues. It's a bit dirtier than most other SD loads, but it does the job.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

First of all, I can't recommend SG Ammo enough. The owner, Sam, rapidly responds to questions, and your order usually ships within 24 hours (unless you order on weekend, lol). His customer service is top-notch as well. I once ordered some RA40B (180gr Ranger Bonded) that arrived in poor condition; looked like UPS decided to beat the **** out of it with a baseball bat. The ammo was ok, but it just raggedy, big differences in the depth of the HP cavity between rounds, with some rounds barely having a cavity at all. Sam let me return the ammo no questions asked for a refund.

Second, I use the Q4369 in my XD40 3" subcompact. I bought 100 PDX-1, and 100 Q4369 rounds to compare side by side. All I can say, is they are identical rounds, exception being that the PDX-1 is nickel-plated brass casings, while Q4369 is brass casings. Shooting-wise, I did not notice any differences. Both had the same felt recoil. Both were very accurate, producing 3" groups at 10 yards (which I'm sure was my shooting, and not the gun or the round). The Q4369 did seem a tiny bit smokier, and maybe a touch dirtier. To me, a dirtier powder is most definitely worth a savings of $55 (PDX is $110 for 100, Q4369 is $20 x 2 + $16 shipping = $56). I stocked up on Q4369 --- bought 700 rounds from SG Ammo. I would recommend that if it feeds in your gun, to do the same: it's overrun ammo, so once it runs out, it's gone, dried up, and dead.

If SHTF, I feel secure knowing that I have 700 high-quality SD rounds stashed away for my pistols (XD40 3" SC and XD40 40" for me, Beretta 96 for wife. I figure that if SHTF, it's not going to be long-range combat, it will most likely be home-invasions, robberies, and assaults on a large scale.

Anyways....bit a rant there, sorry, but that's my opinion.

Links