Mouse Ammo

Mouse Ammo

This is a discussion on Mouse Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a recommendation for .25ACP ammo. I have a couple of pocketguns that I'm going to start carrying on a more regular basis....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Mouse Ammo

Mouse Ammo

I need a recommendation for .25ACP ammo. I have a couple of pocketguns that I'm going to start carrying on a more regular basis.

Plain 51 grain full metal jacket would serve far better than any expanding bullet offering. The first order of business is to insure adequate penetration.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Plain 51 grain full metal jacket would serve far better than any expanding bullet offering. The first order of business is to insure adequate penetration.
    This.
    Dumbledork likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    .380 or bigger.

Or what bmcgilvary said.
    You want FMJ for getting to brain matter {shooting into their face} or up through The ribcage, at an upward angle(while the pistol is stuck into them) to reach thier vitals.

Hopefully you are going to use this caliber for a back up, to a larger caliber, right?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    .380 or bigger.

Or what bmcgilvary said.
    You want FMJ for getting to brain matter {shooting into their face} or up through The ribcage, at an upward angle(while the pistol is stuck into them) to reach thier vitals.

Hopefully you are going to use this caliber for a back up, to a larger caliber, right?
    I was planning on using FMJs, I was more concerned about different weights, and different brands of ammo. I normally carry a full sized 1911, but there are times when I can't, and a smaller, undetectable gun is called for.

Before this thread goes off on "I wouldn't use anything less than a .44 Magnum, because 9mm will only piss the bad guys off," I would ask that anyone who questions the wisdom of using a small caliber for self defense stand in front of a .25ACP and tell me how little it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    I was planning on using FMJs, I was more concerned about different weights, and different brands of ammo. I normally carry a full sized 1911, but there are times when I can't, and a smaller, undetectable gun is called for.

Before this thread goes off on "I wouldn't use anything less than a .44 Magnum, because 9mm will only piss the bad guys off," I would ask that anyone who questions the wisdom of using a small caliber for self defense stand in front of a .25ACP and tell me how little it hurts.
    You do realize that "I would ask that anyone who questions the wisdom of using a small caliber for self defense stand in front of a .25ACP and tell me how little it hurts." is one of the most ridiculous arguments anyone can make in favor of any caliber, right?

Of course nobody here would willingly get shot with any caliber; no rational person would. However, assuming a potential opponent will be rational would be a grave error.

Heck--I don't want to get shot with a red Ryder BB gun...Ralphie on "A Christmas Story" notwithstanding, does that make it a good choice for self defense?
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I am not one for small calibers. However, there are times when it is more prudent to have something than nothing. I also wonder how many stories we hear of someone getting shot with a small caliber gun and continuing the assault are true.

If one is hopped up on juice of some kind, a large caliber may not even have the desired effect. This is a point open to debate. But one thing that is not debatable, is that it is better to pound someone with a hail of small bullets than to try and fend them off hand to hand.

I second the use of FMJ
    Dumbledork likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the popularity of the 25 and 32 100 plus years ago was do to the fact that no one in their right mind wanted to be shot--wounded or otherwise, cause the bullet picked up all the particles on the clothing before entering the body.

and about a week to 10 days later they died of sepsis ( infection).

today antibiotics and broke judicial system keeps bad people alive and on the streets
    so, if your going to shot to save yourself, id look to modern stuff to hopefully solve
    a current problem. most go as low as a 380 and the keltec 380 is the same size as the p32.

im sure their are situations where the smaller colt 1908 will fit where the KT p380 wouldn't
    --anyone think of even one?

a 25acp has under 65 pounds of energy vs a 22 LR of 100 or a 380 approaching 225.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post

Well, ha, ha...ha.

Cheese is a good mouse ammo......
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Hornady

David killed the giant with a sling shot with a head shot. Go full metal jacket
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

A long stick is better than a short stick.

For less than $300 you can get a .380 LCP.

But if the .25 is what you got, then run what ya brung. Heaviest, fastest FMJ you can get.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links