First time shooting my Glock 26 Gen4, maybe Federal is too much for the Baby? - Page 3

First time shooting my Glock 26 Gen4, maybe Federal is too much for the Baby?

This is a discussion on First time shooting my Glock 26 Gen4, maybe Federal is too much for the Baby? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think what you are getting is the snap so you are letting the gun nose up. If you shake the federal it sounds half ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: First time shooting my Glock 26 Gen4, maybe Federal is too much for the Baby?

I think what you are getting is the snap so you are letting the gun nose up. If you shake the federal it sounds half full so my guess is they use a fast powder so they can use less, cheaper to make mo money mo money mo money If you ever start loading your own, a powder which almost fills the case and gives the desired velocity will push more than snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Sounds like you have a bad case of "need to sell and buy m&p " syndrome! Lol
    I was gonna say it if someone didn't. My M&P has never met a bullet type it didn't eat up and spit out EVERY SINGLE TIME.

My 1911 was more picky about what it would fire reliably. But in all seriousness I have never heard of any real problems with Glocks. Is it possible you over oiled the gun when you cleaned it and the bullets were really dirty and that formed a little paste or something?

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    Hey guys, I have shot twice since posting this tread… First time I used Remington NATO 124 Grain and some American Eagle and didn't have a single problem out of the 300 rounds i shot. So what did I take away from this?… don't buy Federal from Wally World.
    Glad to hear its working reliably with decent ammo. :D I still shoot federal champion at the range here and there because of the price ;-)

Interesting thread. I own four Glocks, and have never had any problems with any of them. Now my Kimber Ultra CDP, however.....

Couple of things.... American Eagle is made by Federal.

I had FTE issues with my G26 at first... all with Sellier and Bellot 115gr FMJ and all loads of Fiocchi FMJ. Everything else has not been an issue, and that would include Lawman TMJ, Federal Champion 115 FMJ, American Eagle 115 and 147 FMJ, Blazer TMJ and brass, Remington winclean FMJ, and a local reloaded TMJ. I had one FTE with the local stuff, but I've fired a lot of that stuff with no problems. The problems with the S&B and Fiocchi were constant, consistent, and obnoxious.

Because you had problems with both pistols, perhaps you had a bad box. I've sent countless rounds of both Federal and American Eagle downrange with no issues.

I've been told by a few Glock lovers that the first 1000-1500 rounds are considered break-in for a Glock, and that you can have ammo issues at first with the barrel being a little tighter, so some casings "hang up" a little. True or not, I've had no problems for quite a few months now.

And no.... it was never a limp wrist thing, for those of you who know I'm a woman....

I took my G17 Gen4 out for the second time today. I cleaned her up after the 1st and less than stellar first time. I shot another 200 rounds of mixed ammo.
    all Wally world, Rem UMC 115gr jhp(50 rnds), Federal Champion 115 fmj (100 rnds) and Winchester WB 115gr fmj (50 rnds).. I had no failures this time.
    I did have about 6 instances where the cases ejected to the top of my head. this was the federal ammo

so one failure out of 435 round.. did i mention that my gen4 has the updated RSA but has the 336 ejector. I won't trust the gun until i have 500+ failure free rounds through it..but i am happier now.

thats good to know that the issues have gone away, after reading alot of problems with the Winchester white Box ammo I oredred a LoneWolf barrel, so I wont
    damage my stock Glock barrels.. Im gonna make the switch from winchester ammo to Federal for the Range... or even Some Blazer Brass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links