Sig .357 Conversion for Glock 22

This is a discussion on Sig .357 Conversion for Glock 22 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am contemplating on getting the Sig 357 conversion barrel for my G22. I was wondering what you guys think, if it is a wise ...

Thread: Sig .357 Conversion for Glock 22

I am contemplating on getting the Sig 357 conversion barrel for my G22. I was wondering what you guys think, if it is a wise move, worth it, if anyone else here has perhaps tried it and liked/disliked it? Any Pros/Cons you have experience with? All input is greatly appreciated. I think the Lone Wolf conversion is like $130, so its relatively inexpensive. Ammo cost is also relative since I am happily gettin into reloading, so that won't be much of a deciding factor. Are there any other manuf. other than Lone Wolf that make these?
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I own the G22, 23, and the 27 and have done this with all of them. For your G22 what you need is the standard barrel for the G31. This:
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/31 357 Sig Stock Length - $109.95

Or the OEM Glock factory. This:
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Glock Barrel M/31 357 Sig - $150.95

I also have the 9mm conversions for them. Here is the one for the G22:
    Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/22 Conversion to 9mm Stock Length - $109.95

You will need the mags for the G17 for reliable feeding when shooting 9mm. I havnt had any problems shooting 9mm or .357sig. Very reliable for me.

Yes, there are other makers of these barrels: Storm Lake, KKM, Lone Wolf and I think that there is another but I can't think of it now. But Glock dosent make conversion barrels, you have to buy aftermarket 9mm conversions. The barrel for the G17 DOES NOT fit in the G22 or G31, you have to buy the CONVERSION to 9mm.

I hope this helps and good luck.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Do you have a gen 3 or 4 g22?

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Do you have a gen 3 or 4 g22?
    AZD, hey ! Thanks. Lots of info. I have the Gen 3, and I really like it. Does it make a difference on which conversion barrel to go with. I might start by getting the sig 357 first and later get the 9 mm converison. I will make sure I use G17 mags with the 9 barrel- thanks!

does is void my Glock Warranty if I use these aftermarket barrels?
    Thanks again
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Quote Originally Posted by tashunkwitko View Post
    AZD, hey ! Thanks. Lots of info. I have the Gen 3, and I really like it. Does it make a difference on which conversion barrel to go with. I might start by getting the sig 357 first and later get the 9 mm converison. I will make sure I use G17 mags with the 9 barrel- thanks!

does is void my Glock Warranty if I use these aftermarket barrels?
    Thanks again
    This page will tell you everything you need to know as far as converting a .40 S&W Glock to .357 SIG and/or 9mm: Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - Conversion

I personally have the LWD .357 SIG barrel for my Glock 23, and it's been 100% reliable through 400 rounds.

And yes, be sure you use the correct mags.

As far as I know, using conversion barrels will not void your warranty.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by tashunkwitko View Post
    Does it make a difference on which conversion barrel to go with.
    Thanks again
    No, it doesn't make a difference. The only issue is that the gen4 recoil spring for the .40 may me too strong to effectively let the slide function normally useing 9mm ammo. If you had a gen 4 you would also have to get the recoil spring for the G17 but you don't. This is only an issue with gen 4. You have a gen 3 so you have no worry.
    Continue on! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    No, it doesn't make a difference. The only issue is that the gen4 recoil spring for the .40 may me too strong to effectively let the slide function normally useing 9mm ammo. If you had a gen 4 you would also have to get the recoil spring for the G17 but you don't. This is only an issue with gen 4. You have a gen 3 so you have no worry.
    Continue on! :-)
    FWIW:
    I have a gen 4 g22 with the lone wolf 9mm barrel and haven't had any issues with the springs

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    FWIW:
    I have a gen 4 g22 with the lone wolf 9mm barrel and haven't had any issues with the springs
    I'm very glad to hear that. I have gotten that information off of Lone Wolfs webpage. Maybe it isn"t that big of an issue. Anyway, glad to hear it.

I have a Glock 23 that was second generation. I had to first take it to Glock (live in ATL) and they upgraded the frame and internal parts. I use the Lone Wolf barrel and have no issues. The reason I did this was I have a buddy in Homeland Security and he gets "free" .357sig for training. I do not ever carry the pistol in converted form. The change over is only for the range.

Links