Glow Ammo - Cold tracers that are indoor range safe

This is a discussion on Glow Ammo - Cold tracers that are indoor range safe within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Thread: Glow Ammo - Cold tracers that are indoor range safe

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

sorry; but that is a waste of money, tracers are for night shooting on the rifle range. if you can't see your shoots at a pistol range get your glasses fixed or try the impact targets
    if you are in a shoot out the last thing you are going to do is watch your shots and most combat shootings are with in 7 yards

Administrator
    I think it would be pretty neat to shoot a bit of it just because it's unusual technology.
    Possibly I could see it having some "one on one" Instructor/Student value with regard to it being an instant "visual" as to P.O.I. but they will need to make an eventual determination on that.I'm out of that game.
    And it might be something that younger shooters may be attracted to for the range time coolness factor.

I did night training in the service and tracers worked well but pistol shooting distance is way to short

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    sorry; but that is a waste of money, tracers are for night shooting on the rifle range. if you can't see your shoots at a pistol range get your glasses fixed or try the impact targets
    if you are in a shoot out the last thing you are going to do is watch your shots and most combat shootings are with in 7 yards
    I can think of a whole lot of things that are waste of money.

Hell, if Hornady can successfully sell "Zombie Ammo" simply by changing their polymer tips to green, I'm pretty sure people will by a product like Glow Ammo.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Yup sometimes wasting money is fun. Bottle rockets, exploding targets, lots of stuff come to mind.

Michael

all it is is a a bullet with a sticker on the back. stickers sold separately

Trajectory Identification Kit 45 Cal (430 Diameter) 1 grain box of 255 Red Trace

if you ever shoot real tracers on a 200 yard range at night they are affective and do what they are suppose to but at 35-40 ft itís like sex at 14 its over that fast and you never really got to enjoy it. 20 shots for 19.00= 95 cent a shot that is 3 for one meaning you can shoot 3 regular shots to one of these magic bullets. Bottle rockets are cheaper and give you more bangs for the buck.

Sorry but my range dollar is going to pass on this one

this is a better idea and much cheaper

Shooting Spots 1 Pack of 12 Sheets 18 Spots per Sheet Orange

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionsf View Post
    all it is is a a bullet with a sticker on the back. stickers sold separately

Trajectory Identification Kit 45 Cal (430 Diameter) 1 grain box of 255 Red Trace
    That's their original product. The loaded ammo uses the same technology, but it's improved for better tracing and more reliable performance. As I show in the video, it's not a sticker on the back of the bullet. It's a compound fused to the base of the bullet that won't fall off. With the original do it yourself product (which they still sell) care had to be taken in placing the stickers on the bullet. You needed to degrease the base of the bullet and make sure it was free from grit to get a good adhesion of the sticker. Even then they could fall off mid-flight and I've heard of folks having a hard time seeing the trace. Glow Ammo decided to remedy some of these issues they manufacture the complete round which is what my review covers.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    if you ever shoot real tracers on a 200 yard range at night they are affective and do what they are suppose to but at 35-40 ft it’s like sex at 14 its over that fast and you never really got to enjoy it. 20 shots for 19.00= 95 cent a shot that is 3 for one meaning you can shoot 3 regular shots to one of these magic bullets. Bottle rockets are cheaper and give you more bangs for the buck.

Sorry but my range dollar is going to pass on this one

this is a better idea and much cheaper

Shooting Spots 1 Pack of 12 Sheets 18 Spots per Sheet Orange
    As I mention in the video, there are applications outside of having fun on the range for the bullets.

Some police tactical teams are using it. Based on the input from the tactical teams they're working on different colors and even IR tracers using the same technology.

Some folks place Glow Ammo loads as the last two rounds in their magazine. When you get to those last two rounds the tracers will let you know you're running out so you can reload.

Soon they will offer HP loads with the tracers on them. I haven't heard what brand of hollow points they will use, but if it's a good bullet like a Gold Dot or SXT I would use them in my defensive gun. Having a trace isn't a bad idea, you lose nothing by having tracers but they might be useful in a self defense situation.

Sponsored Links