Ammunition Spreadsheet

Ammunition Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Ammunition Spreadsheet within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious, does anyone else use a spreadsheet to keep track of their inventory of ammunition, or am I just a geek? Mine contains a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ammunition Spreadsheet

Ammunition Spreadsheet

Just curious, does anyone else use a spreadsheet to keep track of their inventory of ammunition, or am I just a geek? Mine contains a handful of ammo that I use on a regular basis, lists their caliber, weight, velocities and energy ratings, and my personal inventory quantity of each. I'm wondering if others use a spreadsheet, and if so, what other information I could add to mine to make it even more useful for comparisons.
    bigmacque likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have one. Helps me know what to look for when I see deals on ammo.
    I actually use a small spreadsheet for my weapon inventory also. By embedding a photo of each gun as part of it's record, as well as password protecting the sheet, I have all the inventory software I need in a cheap spreadsheet that's not shared anywhere.
    marcclarke and DanielC like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

That's a great idea to have one for your weapons as well. Sounds like something I need to create for myself!

Also speaking of finding deals on ammo, maybe I need to add columns for where I purchased and what I paid. Thanks!
    bigmacque likes this.

My gun/ammo room consists of about 30 o.d. green ammo cans from.22-.308 caliber,when they get low I just replinish,mention spreadsheet in Alabama and someone thinks your betting on a football game
    bigmacque and DanielC like this.

My wife is the computer geek at our house. She was worried about not having proof of ownership if something happened. She has a spread sheet with each gun, cal, style,stock type(wood or poly),amount paid, current value, a picture, and comments such as who it should go to when we are gone. She also has one for ammo supply. She isn't a doomsday prepper, but in her mind I have enough guns, but she's worried that the ammo or components will be outlawed or regulated to be illeagal. Gotta love a woman like that. She has all the info on several memory sticks. One in the safe and one in her fire proof document box.
    DanielC and bigmacque like this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Nope your just a nerd
    Hahahaha! I'm just playing.
    Although you might be OCD
    MONK!! LOL
    DanielC and jem102 like this.

Sounds like you have yourself a great woman there, Denver! Thanks for the ideas!

Yeah Mattman, you're not the first one to compare me to Monk! hehehe Oh and I'm a geek, not a nerd. :-)
    bigmacque likes this.

Don't feel bad Daniel. My wife always compares me to him. She can't clean the house to my expectations but then again no one can. Or my truck. Or my gun....lol
    DanielC likes this.

Yep. All the toys listed by name, type, S/N, date of purchase, price paid, subsequent mods performed, quantity of mags for each.

Gross inventory of ammo also kept by spreadsheet, but updated just annually. This helps me identify gaps in the supply - e.g., weighted too much toward practice or defense, not enough of a given caliber, that sort of thing.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    That's an EXELent idea.

I use a bed sheet for a spreadsheet on the range.

Actually, I have hung a bedsheet or tarp to catch brass, so I don't have to hunt for it after it melts its way down into the snow.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I update my ammo inventory about every three or four trips to the range, for much the same reasons that smitty does his: gaps in supply, and being aware of what I need so when I see a deal I can know whether to jump on it or not. I actually started doing one when I realized that I had way too many rounds of .357 Magnum self-defense -- if I ever needed as many as I had I'd been in a world of trouble long before the supply ran out anyway -- and not nearly enough practice for the Model 66.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    reloading 25+ calibers i keep track that primers=bullets & powder by the 1000's for
    handgun ammo and by the hundreds for rifle.
    what does what i want in each gun is written in a notebook and noted in various Lyman's manuals.
    how much i've loaded over the decades is by keeping track of how many primers i have bought.

no spreadsheets for anything. though each gun gets 'logged' in with the paperwork in a hanging file.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I shoot way too much for that to be practical for me. I do keep a log for my long range precision rifle (Remington SPS Tactical .308).
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

NO, I just look and see if I need some the day before I go to the range. One thing I do is date the boxes when I buy it so it gets rotated out oldest first. It is always good to know how old ammo is and it gives you trouble keep the lot number (inside the box end) so you don't get it a second time
    bigmacque likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links