Ammo Ban being considered in New Jersey

This is a discussion on Ammo Ban being considered in New Jersey within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a shipment of Ranger T's at home way down south here (1500 rounds various calibers). Gotta love things in the South of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ammo Ban being considered in New Jersey

I just got a shipment of Ranger T's at home way down south here (1500 rounds various calibers). Gotta love things in the South of the USA! I have a ton of reloads to shoot every week at my Indoor Membership range and a CCW license to carry the guns!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Move, why live there...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That's typical for NJ isnt it? That state is so out of touch with the rest of the U.S. that it is no suprise.
    This is why all you 'states rights' folks are dead wrong. When I was growing up GA and AL and MS were the states that were out of touch with the rest of the country; maybe TX too. Today, it is on our issue, NJ NY IL MD.

See how much better things would be if there were a national policy that was modestly consistent with 2A?

The 10th needs to die a slow death from disuse.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Moderator
    The 10th needs to die a slow death from disuse.
    If it dies, it'll be from misuse, not disuse.
    If it werent for the 10th, things would be radically different. At least there's a few people left in government that understand not all things have to be Federal.
    multistage likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    This is why all you 'states rights' folks are dead wrong.
    I don't see how you would want the FEDERAL idiots choosing the laws for your state.

What I find funny is that the people on the forum linked in this OP all say they hate the laws and they hate the state. How about A. Move or B. vote the stinking demo's out.

I am fortunate in that my wife and I have professions that enable us to get jobs pretty much anywhere. I am also fortunate that I have always lived in firearm friendly states (obviously, a requirement). But the OP and many more may not be so fortunate. So I certainly do have sympathy for those in that boat, those who cannot just up and leave the communist states that they live in. I hope this ban does not pass. I hope you have alternate means of getting ammo if it does. And I hope you win the lottery so that you can laugh at your ex politicians as you leave your former state in your Ferrari, headed to your new, gun friendly state. Good luck.

Scary, very scary...

VIP Member
    Nothing coming out of Southern NYC surprises me.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

What are the lawmakers thinking? This law is sure to protect the people! Not!!

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I don't see how you would want the FEDERAL idiots choosing the laws for your state.

What I find funny is that the people on the forum linked in this OP all say they hate the laws and they hate the state. How about A. Move or B. vote the stinking demo's out.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And Alabama is a FINE STATE 2 MOVE TO ; ) PS GOOD weather year round
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    shaking my head in disbelief

I"m betting they are the "test case" , because everything I've seen... I've been saying for 2 yrs, and will continue to ... when Obama & the left want to do it, they won't go after guns ... they will go after the ammunition. California has shown some signs of wanting to do it too.

Load up now. IF 0-man gets a 2nd term, just watch .....

NJ may be the test case on the 2nd amendment. They will lose the argument, because they are essentially taking away the rights under the 2nd amendment, but .... it may have to hit the courts. There are suggestions that they will then also put tight restrictions on anything ... related to reloading supplies and special metals (brass).

All in the name of National Security, of course.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    It is a shame someone in the federal gov't. doesn't have the balls to end state laws that circumvent the constitution. Just cut off all federal aid until the bogus laws are repealed. Threaten to jail the governor. Just do something to protect the rights of the unfortunate people who live in this communist state.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I"m betting they are the "test case" , because everything I've seen... I've been saying for 2 yrs, and will continue to ... when Obama & the left want to do it, they won't go after guns ... they will go after the ammunition. California has shown some signs of wanting to do it too.

Load up now. IF 0-man gets a 2nd term, just watch .....

NJ may be the test case on the 2nd amendment. They will lose the argument, because they are essentially taking away the rights under the 2nd amendment, but .... it may have to hit the courts. There are suggestions that they will then also put tight restrictions on anything ... related to reloading supplies and special metals (brass).

All in the name of National Security, of course.
    Or it’s to save the children.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Can anyone explain to me how this is not an infringement on bearing arms?

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links