Ammo ?

This is a discussion on Ammo ? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you are talking about the Winchester 180 Bonded JHP #Q4369 is the Winchester PDX-1s. I e-mailed Winchesters LE department and they said that it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo ?

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    If you are talking about the Winchester 180 Bonded JHP #Q4369 is the Winchester PDX-1s. I e-mailed Winchesters LE department and they said that it is from the FBI contract. They made more than what the contract called for hoping other Fed agencies would jump on the band wagon. As long as the person who responded to my e-mail didn't lie and I'm sure they didn't to my .MIL e-mail address I sent it from it should be top shelf ammo. I have 2 boxes coming to test in my Glock 23/27 before I buy a bunch of it. It has been hard to find 180 Grain Gold Dots online in the LE boxes.

From what I understand talking to Winchester that the Bonded JHP #Q4369 is the same as the Ranger Bonded #RA40B which is the same as the PDX-1 #S40SWPDB1. The only difference is the boxes. the Bonded JHP are printed in the plan white boxes for the FBI contract and to keep prices of the boxes down. The Ranger bonded are for general LE, and the PDX-1 are for the general public. All the same ammo, and if you look at the ballistics charts online they are the same.

2. Remove Ads

If you're buying the Q4355 ammo don't. I bought 200 rounds of it last month to try out in my Sig P229. Out of 100 rounds I had 4 fail to feed and 4 stovepipes. In addition inside the chamber was a bunch of unburned powder which just made matters worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeinMI View Post
    If you're buying the Q4355 ammo don't. I bought 200 rounds of it last month to try out in my Sig P229. Out of 100 rounds I had 4 fail to feed and 4 stovepipes. In addition inside the chamber was a bunch of unburned powder which just made matters worse.
    Where did you buy said ammo? I have seen a bunch of reports of the Q4355s having some bad batches which are being sold by the case as Z Q4355. The cases are marked with a big Z in what looks like a Sharpie but not the boxes themselves. I've see this on a few different ammo sites online as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Where did you buy said ammo? I have seen a bunch of reports of the Q4355s having some bad batches which are being sold by the case as Z Q4355. The cases are marked with a big Z in what looks like a Sharpie but not the boxes themselves. I've see this on a few different ammo sites online as well.
    I bought 4 boxes of 50 last month from Sgammo. There was a BUNCH of fine, green particles inside the chamber after only shooting 100 rounds of it, the gun was cleaned beforehand. A person on another forum said it was probably unburned powder. I'll shoot some other ammo next time I go out and then after that shoot the rest of the Q4355 up and see if it happens again. If it happens again I'll probably cross off the 4355 for SD ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeinMI View Post
    I bought 4 boxes of 50 last month from Sgammo. There was a BUNCH of fine, green particles inside the chamber after only shooting 100 rounds of it, the gun was cleaned beforehand. A person on another forum said it was probably unburned powder. I'll shoot some other ammo next time I go out and then after that shoot the rest of the Q4355 up and see if it happens again. If it happens again I'll probably cross off the 4355 for SD ammo.
    SGammo was one of the places that I saw had the Z Q4355 ammo which is ammo that was DQed by Winchester for what ever reason. It might be because of some bad powder, who knows really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links