Ammo ?

Ammo ?

This is a discussion on Ammo ? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found some Winchester 40 S&W 180 gr Bonded JHP for good price. Does any one know anything about this ammo? Thats all it says ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo ?

Ammo ?

I found some Winchester 40 S&W 180 gr Bonded JHP for good price.

Does any one know anything about this ammo?

Thats all it says on the boxes 180 gr Bonded JHP every thing on the box is in black letters.

It ia basically the same as the Ranger T,except when it expands it does'nt have the so-called Talons,it works well on barriers like windsheilds,car doors,walls etc.......,as it retains most of its weight due to being bonded.

Glock rocker

So it is good for SD and a glock 23 should handle it well?

Winchester and Federal put their LE overruns out in white boxes and black letters. Should be fine. I've got Federal HSTs like it.

I have been finding some info on the net about sounds like it is some pretty decent stuff.

I 've been a 45 ACP guy most of my life so I know sh.... about forty other than Fmj rds.

Thanks for your help guys!

I have bought several boxes in the past and most has been reliable, however a couple of boxes contained a few "green" corroded casings. Check them over carefully. The ones I have used at the range did perform flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyAirdale View Post
    I have bought several boxes in the past and most has been reliable, however a couple of boxes contained a few "green" corroded casings. Check them over carefully. The ones I have used at the range did perform flawlessly.

Will do thanks for the heads up.

Well I have one more question for people that carry 40 cal.

I have been a life time carrier of 45 acp sell me on switching to 40.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post

Thanks
    I've been carrying the .40 since it appeared, early 90's, I'm guessing. Still have and use often the first "compact" .40 from Smith, a 4013. It can be a bear, I've heard it called "snappy", some loadings with 180 gr bullets out of a short barrel. But load up with bullets in the 160 gr range and it feels better. Balistics are pretty decent in most cases and I'm not ashamed to say I defend myself with the old Winchester Talons. In a small pistol, Glock 27 or the Smith M&P 40c, you get 9 and 10 rd capacity respectivly so it's not much weight and decent firepower to get you out of trouble. If you're going to carry a full size Glock 22 or the compact 23 with the extra mag capacity, well considering the weight factor, I'd continue on with the .45. I have learned to control nicely the Glock 27 with my pinky hanging off the grip. Putting the extender on the mag defeats a little of the concealability. As I said in another post, I sent my 27 off to Glock for maintenance so I bought a 40c to carry until it gets back. Hate me, but I like it equally as well as my 27. And with the changeable back strap, I installed the large one, very manageable. As to a .45, I also picked up this week the Glock 36. That's as you know, Glocks version of a .45 compact with a single stack 6 rd mag. Beautiful pistol, shoots as acurate as any out of the box .45 I've ever had, but 6 rds...I don't think so. Probably and hopefully never need them but if I ever run into trouble, 10 .40's will work from my 27.
    2012-01-28_12-19-44_705 (800x635).jpg

Glock rocker

Aye....tis mate. Good prices are hard to beat.

sgb
    I have been finding some info on the net about sounds like it is some pretty decent stuff.

I 've been a 45 ACP guy most of my life so I know sh.... about forty other than Fmj rds.

Thanks for your help guys!
    The .40 S&W like most compromises falls short in my opinion. It's terminal ballistics virtually rival the 9x19mm. I'd just as soon carry a 9mm as a .40 and have whittled my handgun calibers down to 9mm & 45acp.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I carry the Ranger T's in all my .40's,which happen to be a G23 and 27's,I've never used it in the line of duty,but some others have and they performed very well.
    Glock rocker

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    Winchester and Federal put their LE overruns out in white boxes and black letters. Should be fine. I've got Federal HSTs like it.

+1. I have bought a TON of overrun ammo. It is made to LEO, Mil Spec and is first class stuff.

Thanks
    It starts with a 4... what more is there to sell?

I trust 45 and 40 to get the job done. I just wish 45s had the capacity of 40s in the same size package.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Nothing wrong with a 40. Just another round that some folks like, and some folks don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links