Which 9mm ammo has passed the FBI standards?

This is a discussion on Which 9mm ammo has passed the FBI standards? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod How many firearms does the FBI loose every year? I mean MIA....lost. You want to trust them with ammo selection? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which 9mm ammo has passed the FBI standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    How many firearms does the FBI loose every year? I mean MIA....lost. You want to trust them with ammo selection?

I'm not sure what you are asking or if your question is tongue in cheek so I will only say this. While I'm not a big fan of the FBI, I will give them credit for doing outstanding ballistics research. I'm confident that when the FBI gives their stamp of approval on a particular bullet, that bullet is a winner. YMMV of course.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I was wondering as I was shopping around for some more carry ammunition, which ammunition has actually passed the stringent testing set up by the FBI? In addition to that, which ammunition excels being fired from a sub-compact barrel? I thought this was a good read and has helped me in deciding to carry the Speer Gold Dot 147 gr 9mm in my Sig Sauer P239.

Speer Gold Dot Ammunition, Ordnance Gelatin Calibration, Anatomically Correct Targets

But hey, if you happen to know where to find any recent data that will help some of us decide what to carry in our SD guns, please post.
    That article is also from 1998. A LOT has changed in 14 years.

Winchester Ranger T 147 gr; Federal Premium HST 147 gr; Remington Golden Saber 147 gr; Speer Gold Dot 147 gr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links