Guys, check your 9mm PDX1 124 +Ps

This is a discussion on Guys, check your 9mm PDX1 124 +Ps within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I bought three boxes of Win PDX1 124 +Ps and this is what I found. The boxes have the same lot no. and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Guys, check your 9mm PDX1 124 +Ps

Yesterday I bought three boxes of Win PDX1 124 +Ps and this is what I found. The boxes have the same lot no. and I sent an email to Winchester.

Five of what looked like a .357 bullets in 9mm cases. Two on right is the good ones.

In my Sigma 9 barrel.

Good:

Bad:

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up! Good post.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

You're welcome.

This may save your life. I noticed that the slide on my Sigma 9 wasn't in full battery and I couldn't pull the slide back. I had to get my rubber mallet and tapped it in til the slide will open. Checked all the boxes and the mags (including the PF9) and found 5 rounds like it. one in the Sigma mag plus the one in chamber and one in the PF9 mag.

If I hadn't found it in the chamber I probably will find out the hard way. Scary thought. From now on I'm inspecting all the ammo. Should've done that in the first place. Lesson learned.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Did you contact winchester and let them know? Might be something they will want to look at.

VIP Member
    Thats disappointing that they would screw that up. Was that from the factory seconds store?

I sent an email to Winchester also I bought them at Walmart. I don't think they're seconds because it's supposed to be elite bonded series. I won't buy seconds and that includes the value packs.

If the diameter at the mouth of the case is more than .380 I would suspect an oversized bullet. strange looking bullets in the pics I can see why they will not chamber. Look closley at the cartridge that was stuck in the gun and you may see that the bullet was touching the lands
    Last edited by oldgael; February 26th, 2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: after thought
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson. Always remember our military. Me

VIP Member
    Got two boxes of this I bought last Nov.-Dec. @ Meijer. In Mi.

Lot #450k40c & What appears to be the same # except for the K looks like an x to me.
    Could be just my 51 year old used to be perfect eyes going on me.

At any rate they all look good to me.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

This is why I always "Chamber Check" ALL ammo that I will shoot in all my guns including Factory"Social Ammo" and my reloaded Range Ammo. If it does not slide in and out of the guage,then it goes into the trash can no matter if it is mine or some others. There is no excuse for any ammo to shoot that will not drop into and out of a chamber check guage or your barrel if that is all you have to use to see if it is good. I have had several Factory Loaded ammo that did not fit and function in my Check Guage and they went into the trash. Bad ammo will take your gun down in any situation and let you sit on the side lines until you get it fixed!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Thats comforting, I thought I was the only one supposed to screw up ammo loads.

Without gauging bullet diameter or weight,it's possible that the fatter bullets are different weight,and if you look at the ogive (where bullet tapers) ithe bullets look like they are sticking too far out of the case,that is why in reloading different bullet types/weights have different Over All Lengths due to chambers.YOU DEFINITELY HAVE 2 DIFFERENT BULLET TYPES IN THE SAME BOX WHICH IS BAD.
    I think products should carry warning labels like"WARNING PRODUCT WAS MADE ON A MONDAY OR FRIDAY"use at your own risk
    sixgun likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

trust me guys, I'm inspecting every friggin bullets that I get my hands on and that includes the range rounds. After seeing that both of my guns would've failed me (two in Sigma and one in PF9) in SD, I had a really scary thoughts.

I am still getting the Winchester Ranger T 124 bonded +P and have never noticed such a thing. This is amazing to think quality control at winchester has slid that much.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

I haven't heard from Winchester yet. I figured they're going to ask for pics.

VIP Member
    'Appreciate the heads-up. Our Walmart carries these, so I've switched over from Gold Dot in the last year. I just checked all my boxes and didn't find any problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links