Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo?

This is a discussion on Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered 1,000 9mm reloads on April 1, so we're not up to 3 months & a day. When I ordered, I wasn't expecting instant ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo?

I ordered 1,000 9mm reloads on April 1, so we're not up to 3 months & a day. When I ordered, I wasn't expecting instant delivery, as the their site clearly stated these were pre-orders for delivery in mid-April.

I see they site is still up & they're still taking orders, though I'm feeling quite uncomfortable about the fact their Facebook page has magically been taken down. Perhaps they didn't enjoy getting flak on Facebook, from justifiably angry customers, who feel ammo delivery should come when stated. I could easily forgive being a tad behind, but being able to measure delivery in terms of trimesters -- the first of which is now over -- is totally insane. Are they giving birth to bullets & brass?

Credit cards only give you 60 days to contest a charge. That 60 days starts from the day on which the first bill with that charge was mailed. For me that would have been on or about April 18. Well, based on their many fine reviews I decided to trust in them & failed to complain to my credit card company by the mid-June deadline. Now my only hope is that they actually do fill my order.

The last post I saw from them when they were on Facebook was from June 6, where they stated they were working on mid-late March orders & would soon be getting to the April orders, of which I must be one of the first few.

I'd tear out my hair if nature hadn't already done it for me!

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like they will be out of business as soon as they started,any company that charges for a product before they ship,sounds like a Ponzi scheme.They are probably taking new orders to pay for Brass,Powder,Primers,and Bullets for previous orders and taking out payroll on money they haven't sent product for.If they have checks bouncing with that many uncompleted orders their house of cards is collapsing fast
    sid1 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

For the same price Jack Ross charges for a box of 50 .40 S&W reloads you can get a box of Federal American Eagle's here:

Glen's Army-Navy

Never hears of them but I know I will not go to them after reading what users have had to go through.

Avoid Jack Ross Ammo

I placed an order on March 21st for 2000 rounds of 9mm. I tried to follow up diligently for months via email, Facebook and telephone. Finally "Tia" at JackRossAmmo responded to tell me my order would be" on my porch"' by June 18th. On June 22nd half my order was delivered. Again I tried to contact JackRossAmmo via telephone, Facebook and email, and was finally able to get an email reply stating that the second case would ship the first week in July. But the final shipment never materialized and for the past week, no phone or email contact has been successful.

As the previous poster mentioned, the Jack Ross Facebook page is now deleted. (Not a good sign). I've filed a dispute with my credit card company for the outstanding $159.00 and provided them with a long string of emails to back up my story. And I filed a complaint online with the FTC. This is either gross incompetence or willful negligence and dishonesty. I tried hard to be patient and think better of these folks. But no longer.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbart View Post
    I placed an order on March 21st for 2000 rounds of 9mm. I tried to follow up diligently for months via email, Facebook and telephone. Finally "Tia" at JackRossAmmo responded to tell me my order would be" on my porch"' by June 18th. On June 22nd half my order was delivered. Again I tried to contact JackRossAmmo via telephone, Facebook and email, and was finally able to get an email reply stating that the second case would ship the first week in July. But the final shipment never materialized and for the past week, no phone or email contact has been successful.

As the previous poster mentioned, the Jack Ross Facebook page is now deleted. (Not a good sign). I've filed a dispute with my credit card company for the outstanding $159.00 and provided them with a long string of emails to back up my story. And I filed a complaint online with the FTC. This is either gross incompetence or willful negligence and dishonesty. I tried hard to be patient and think better of these folks. But no longer.
    Thats sucks! But at least you have some recourse, by disputing it. I hope it works out for you.

jack Ross class action law suit

I'm not a lawyer, but I see a pattern here with way too many people looking their money back. I placed my order for 1000rds of 9mm ammo on April 4th so it's been more than 3 months now, and I'm down 160 dollars. These people are not answering the phone nor returning emails. By the looks of it there is around 1000 un fulfilled orders now which would amount to over 160 thousand dollars. That should get a lawyer interested in the case, right? I'm happy to hear suggestions.

Angry Do not buy ammo from these guys

I ordered 1000 rounds from these guys on 3/20/12. Here we are at 7/26/12 and they were very quick about taking my money but no ammo yet. After many unanswered emails and a phone call, I am working with AMEX to get the order cancelled and get my money back. These guys SUCK and have been playing the float with my money for the past 4 months or...? Go somewhere else and save yourself the heartache.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Glad I read this thread. They won't be getting my business.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links