Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo?

This is a discussion on Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a 1,000 rounds of 9mm reloads over a month ago and they still haven't shipped. They claim they took on too many orders ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo?

Anyone order from Jack Ross Ammo?

I ordered a 1,000 rounds of 9mm reloads over a month ago and they still haven't shipped. They claim they took on too many orders and are getting caught up. Has anyone ordered ammo from them before? Is it worth the wait?

2. Remove Ads

I've never ordered from them before, but this is unacceptable in my opinion. There's too many other places to buy ammo from that wouldn't delay shipping for a month. There's a few places I order ammo from online, and it's never taken more than a week to show up on my doorstep. Personally, I wouldn't use them again.

VIP Member
    I noticed this on their web sight: ****NOTE: Due to high demand for this product, orders may take up to 14 days to ship***

I interpret that as a red flag.

The last time that I ordered something with that warning, was from GA Arms and the ammo never did ship. I went to a local gun show a month later, and they had the same ammo sitting out there by the pallet.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I ordered a 1,000 rounds of 9mm reloads over a month ago and they still haven't shipped. They claim they took on too many orders and are getting caught up. Has anyone ordered ammo from them before? Is it worth the wait?
    Yes I ordered 1000 round of .40 S&W from them, right before they posted the statement. Never got them canceled my order and disputed on my charge.
    Emailed a couple of times with only one response that was a copy an paste of there statement on the web page. Wont be ordering from them anymore. Found another site pretty much the same price but shipping is more.

I don't like how they charge you before the ammo ships. I am disputing the charge and will never buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I don't like how they charge you before the ammo ships. I am disputing the charge and will never buy from them again.
    I completely Agree If they are that behind they shouldnt take your cash. I just ordered 1000 rounds from another place I gotten from before for 234.00 total.

It is indeed good ammo and a good company to deal with. Just got done shooting another 500 rounds of their 9mm.

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Jack Ross Ammunition Review

Last edited by RMTactical; April 10th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quality ammo

The website clearly states that they are running behind on shipment. Sounds like some of you are extremely impatient and/or cant read. If you need the ammo next week, dont order it. If you are building your reserves and are looking for affordable quality reloads order from Jack Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by MajT View Post
    The website clearly states that they are running behind on shipment. Sounds like some of you are extremely impatient and/or cant read. If you need the ammo next week, dont order it. If you are building your reserves and are looking for affordable quality reloads order from Jack Ross.
    I believe they took that statement off the website. So I dont know if that means they are caught up on orders?

Jack Ross Ammo recent dealings

After placing my order for 1,000 rds of ammo on April 7th, the only response I ever received was a confirmation that my credit card payment was received. Later I received an email from my bank that Jack Ross Ammo received my payment and then an emailed invoice from Jack Ross.
    After Jack Ross received my payment I never received any more emails or even a phone call of the status of my order. I had to call them, twice, to check on my order; the first time in April to even get an acknowledgement that yes, my order was "in the stack" to be made, it would be 6-8 weeks lead time; and again, today, (May 14, 2012) to see when my order was going to be shipped. I was told by their customer service that they're 4-6 weeks behind on orders due to not being able to get any brass. When their customer service was asked "I do not understand why I never received any kind of update on the staus of my order" I was told this is why she was hired. So then why didn't I get an email or a phone call to let me know the status of my order? After hearing this I requested a full refund; since they were VERY reluctant to credit my card, I was pressured into getting my refund via check. Let's hope it doesn't bounce.
    Bottom line is Jack Ross is very happy to receive your money but after that, you won't hear anything else.
    They should have a policy of collecting your credit card payment due at time of shipping and not before.
    I'm not happy about being the loan department; in my opinion, they've used my $383.00 interest free for over a month. If they are having cash flow issues, they shouldn't accept any orders. A very unhappy customer.

2 months still no ammo

well i found jack ross ammo online seemed like a good deal on plinking 9mm ammo, but i would have never ordered if i knew it would take this long, ordered on march 22 today is may 24 and still no ammo, emailed 2 times no response, 3rd time they sent me this :

Your order is the batch we are currently working to fill, I am hoping to have it out to you by the end of next week. Look for a confirmation email once it's been filled.

Hope this helps, thank you so much for your patience!

well i hope i get my ammo, theres no way i ever thought it would take this long, when i ordered it stated my take up to 14 days not 14 weeks

Bad dealings

I ordered march 23rd before any possible shipping delay was posted on the website. I've called several times and they tell me they moved me up in the order "stack ". I called gain today and they switched my order to complete. No mention of anything being shipped. I've been out my money now for 2 months. Of course I've already paid so I'm trying to hold out and hopefully get my ammo. NOT HAPPY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetyzfd View Post
    I ordered march 23rd before any possible shipping delay was posted on the website. I've called several times and they tell me they moved me up in the order "stack ". I called gain today and they switched my order to complete. No mention of anything being shipped. I've been out my money now for 2 months. Of course I've already paid so I'm trying to hold out and hopefully get my ammo. NOT HAPPY!!
    If you dont get your ammo and you used a Credit Card, dispute it with you CC company.
    I think sooner or later your ammo will come it's how long you want to wait?

well
    quess no ammo, been over 3 months , they sent me a email last week here it is:

I see from our records that you ordered with Jack Ross Ammunition at the end of March. We have been behind on our processing and are just now wrapping up the March orders. So it is safe to say that your order will be processed within the next week and shipped out. We apologize for our delay and appreciate your business. If you don't receive a conformation email within the next week, please call our office. Thank you for your patience.

ive been watching there facebook page on people complaining up to order# well over 2000, i was order 919 , now they have taken there page down, bet i never get my ammo, DONT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, some guys that asked for a refund says there CHECK BOUNCED, so i quess i just lost on 171 bucks, nothing else to do

Quote Originally Posted by cutterace View Post
    well
    quess no ammo, been over 3 months , they sent me a email last week here it is:

I see from our records that you ordered with Jack Ross Ammunition at the end of March. We have been behind on our processing and are just now wrapping up the March orders. So it is safe to say that your order will be processed within the next week and shipped out. We apologize for our delay and appreciate your business. If you don't receive a conformation email within the next week, please call our office. Thank you for your patience.

ive been watching there facebook page on people complaining up to order# well over 2000, i was order 919 , now they have taken there page down, bet i never get my ammo, DONT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, some guys that asked for a refund says there CHECK BOUNCED, so i quess i just lost on 171 bucks, nothing else to do
    If you paid with a charge card, dispute it. I ordered from them once and after the long wait such as yourself gave up. Disputed it on my CC and was refunded. I learned my lesson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links