9mm Winchester NATO in 115 grain 100 Round value pack?

This is a discussion on 9mm Winchester NATO in 115 grain 100 Round value pack? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day at Walmart I picked up a box of Winchester White Box 115 gr. FMJ practice ammo. I opened it up when I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WillyNilly

Thread: 9mm Winchester NATO in 115 grain 100 Round value pack?

The other day at Walmart I picked up a box of Winchester White Box 115 gr. FMJ practice ammo. I opened it up when I got home and noticed that all the shell casings look like the 124 gr. NATO cases. They all have painted primers and are stamped like the NATO cases. I don't have a scale to weigh them, so I can't tell the difference. My gun is frequently fed +P ammo, so this is more of a curiosity than a real concern.

Could Winchester have accidentally packaged NATO rounds in the value pack, or do you think they are using spare NATO cases and seating the practice ammo in them?
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

You might have 115 gr bullets in Nato cases Just a guess ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Post a picture of the rounds . No real chance they boxed up the wrong round .
    I have few boxes of WIn 115gr ,124 gr and 147's to compare.
    What some call painted primers is a sealant on some rounds.

Hmmm, I would bet that they used NATO cases and made a super batch of Wal-Mart ammo, just like hogdaddy suggested.

These are the different rounds in order from left to right: NATO, WWB but looks like NATO, WWB.

IMG_0640.jpg
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

for some reason it is upside down. If you were looking at them right-side up, then the order previously stated is correct.

There's something going on at Winchester, a dispute with the union and the members. In my case I have 5 9mm PDX1 124 +Ps with wrong bullets in the 9mm cases. If you say yours is NATO most likely it is.

Here's mine:

Walden likes this.

Ha, yeah, I saw your thread. .357s in 9mm cases is pretty dangerous. I'll find out what the deal with my ammo is once I shoot it at the range.

The NATO are supposingly charged higher than standard so if they were NATO you'll notice.

Links