9mm ammo help.
Iv been looking at winchester pdx1 and gold dots. I'd appreciate any thought or personal experience with these rounds, or any other really good personal defense rounds any of you have had success with.
I carry a ruger sr9c just fyi.
Also I'd like to buy some serious bulk ammo for shooting, does anyone know a good target round that would still be nice to have when the world goes to he**? Lol somethin pretty cheap but will still do some good if I don't have immediate access to top line defense rounds.
Thanks for any help!
Buds has American Eagle JHP and FMJ 9mm bulk for pretty good prices right now. I've always had good luck with AE ammo; as a matter of fact I can't think of one instance where I've had a single FTF with them. Respectable accuracy too.
• Barnes XPB 115gr HP (35515) loaded by Cor-Bon (DPX09115)
• Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
• Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)
• Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+ (RA9TA)
• Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T)
• Winchester Bonded 147gr JHP (RA9B/Q4364)
• Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP +P (53617)
• Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP (53619)
• Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
• Federal Tactical 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
• Federal Tactical 135gr JHP +P (LE9T5)
• Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
• Speer Gold Dot 135gr +P (53921), specially designed for snubnose guns
• Barnes all-copper bullets (140 & 155gr) loaded by: Cor-Bon (DPX40140)
• Winchester Ranger 180gr JHP (RA40T)
• Winchester Ranger 165gr JHP (RA40TA)
• Winchester Partition Gold 165gr JHP (RA401P)
• Winchester Bonded 180gr JHP (Q4355)
• Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHP (53961)
• Speer Gold Dot 180gr JHP (53962)
• Federal Tactical 165gr JHP (LE40T3)
• Federal Tactical 180gr JHP (LE40T1)
• Federal HST 180gr JHP (P40HST1)
• Remington Golden Saber 180 gr JHP (GS40SWB)
Reposted from another board.
This is from Dr. Gary Roberts, one of the most prominent and well respected ballisticians in the country.
And the PDX1 falls in there somewhere as well.
Both the PDX1 and Gold Dots in 124 gr or up are excellent choices. For good bulk ammo look to sgammo.com
instead of paying $24 for 20 pdx1 you can get these, Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP), which are about the same thing for $26 +shipping for 50 of them from many sites on the web
Thanks for all the info guys! I do appreciate it.
What about HydroShoks? I've heard the name around, but never used them. Any good reviews? 9mm is what I'm interested in.
just about any modern hollow point will be fine. the gold dots and pdx1's you mentioned are great and usually pretty easy to find. just run a few boxes through your ruger to make sure they cycle reliably before you carry them.
I've always had a lot of luck finding Remington Golden Sabre 124gr +P locally, and it's generally fairly cheap too.
+1 here. I like my Ranger T's not to mention they come in boxes of 50 for what most others charge for their boxes of 20 or 25.
Originally Posted by apvbguy
I used to like the Rangers also, until I had 5 out of 2 boxes jam on the feed ramp. Now I focus on the Gold Dots when I can find them.
I have had good luck with PDX1s, Gold Dots & Golden Sabres. I haven't tried the Rangers, but plan to based on the number of good recommendations.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. "Maxwell47" said he's had some jams...my M&P gobbles 'em up just as fast as I can press the trigger. No issues.
Originally Posted by ctrcs
The Ranger T projectile is the old Black Talon bullet, minus the teflon coating. I was a fan of the Talons, and I'm still a fan today. :wave:
I bought 200 rounds of 124gr +ps Gold Dots last mounth &shot up all my old ones. I'll be good to go for a year or two as I shoot my reloads 124 gr that shoot to POA ; )
I'd stay away from 9mm PDX1s for now. This is out of 3 boxes with the same lot no.