40sw price differences

40sw price differences

This is a discussion on 40sw price differences within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2 weeks ago I bought a 100 pack of Fed Champ 180 FMJs for $25 or $26. Today I bought a 100 pack of WWB ...

Thread: 40sw price differences

40sw price differences

2 weeks ago I bought a 100 pack of Fed Champ 180 FMJs for $25 or $26. Today I bought a 100 pack of WWB 165 FMJs for $32. They're both from Walmart.

Is the price difference between the brands or was that the price increase?

Brands.

Winchester white box has always been expensive.

I shoot federal champion almost exclusively.

Not a single malfunction in my m&p or lc9.

Can't say the same about wwb.

I had a bad round that messed up my gun. Sent it to s&w, got it back in 10 days

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Federal has always been cheaper than WWB at my local WalMart.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Thanks. I usually shoot Champs mostly but they were 9mm and I shot WWB 9mm with no issues. That's with my Sigma 9 and my PF9 had 10% FTEs with the WWB value packs but shot the Champs with no issues.

This is my first time with 40sw and I will pick up my first 40sw pistol (Sig P250c) Sat. Can't wait. :)

we been paying 32.00 a box for a couple of months now and what got me is a box of 380's was 35.00... 3 dollars more then the .40 cal

That don't make sense. The 380 is smaller and use less powder yet priced higher than its big brother, the 9mm.

VIP Member
    Prices have been pretty stable for awhile, but they will soon go up, according to my jobber. My last purchase of Federal AE45 yesterday was 27 cents/rd. Just a few years ago it was 17 cents/rd, or about what good 9mm is today. I run through several cases/month in the advanced classes, but it's hard to contain costs when the dollar is rapidly losing its value. I think 380 costs a lot because the mfg runs are smaller.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    FWIT, it seems large caliber ammo is all over the place and somewhat dependant on location. I've been buying from Natchez since they are one state away. I also buy from Cabalas too. I have to weight cost as well as shipping. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy from Cabelas and sometimes it is better to buy from Natchez. Personally I try to avoid Wal-Mart if at all possible.

In my town of about 13K people 90% are anti-gun and with only one LGS prices are steep. I am sure there are thousands living in similar towns. This makes it tough. The only real plus for me is that Buds and Sportsmans Warehouse is 40 miles north of me. If I am going to make a large purchase I can go to one of these. But when you consider a 90-mile round trip (in a chevy 4-WD truck) and gas running near $4.00 a gallon, UPS fron-door delivery can save some serious coin in the long run.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links