Bulk ammo buying - Page 3

Bulk ammo buying

This is a discussion on Bulk ammo buying within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I look at bulk ammo all the time but can never get a better deal then I can get every week at my local sporting ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bulk ammo buying

I look at bulk ammo all the time but can never get a better deal then I can get every week at my local sporting goods store. Every week without exception they have some brand of 9mm ammo on sale for either $8.99 or $9.99 a box.

This is target ammo and not defense but once you factor in shipping I have yet to find any real cost savings. If anyone has a source for a TRUE DEAL in buying bulk I would love to know because I like the idea of buying 1K or more rounds at a time!

VIP Member
    shipping with a haz mat fees can be a real deal breaker with mail order ammo. But if you can get your friends to make a larger purchase with you and get maybe 5000 rounds or more it may pay off for you.
    My gun club gets pallets of ammo preseason and that is the best buy ever! Hundreds of guys take advantage of it. Problem....it is all 12 gauge target shot.
    We need to get the club to purchase some 9MM and 45ACP for its other members.

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    I use Sportsman's Guide and wait until they offer $4.99 shipping on anything.
    Target Sport USA offers free shipping on all 1000-rd cases and has good prices, so if you're looking to buy in that quantity there's no need to wait for the special deal. Be careful, though: the free shipping applies only to the 1K-rd cases, so if there are other things in your order that aren't 1K-rd cases you have to pay shipping on them.

Bulk Tula ammo! My ar15s run them just fine as long as they get a good scrubbing afterwards, and at half the price of brass ammo makes them great training ammo. Worst case scenario I could use them for defensive putposes, but if my good stuff is completely depleted I've gone through multiple combat loads forcing me to use Tula things are very, very bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links