Thought 9mm was supposed to be easy!!

This is a discussion on Thought 9mm was supposed to be easy!! within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks you guys for the links! I really appreciate it! I guess I am over analyzing having to shoot with the ammo I carry but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thought 9mm was supposed to be easy!!

Thanks you guys for the links! I really appreciate it! I guess I am over analyzing having to shoot with the ammo I carry but its a new gun and I want to make sure I can put a bunch of JHP's confidently without any issues.

2. Remove Ads

@oneshot- ammunition to go is great!! Thanks so much. That just made my day!

Natchez... (on line) has Federal American Eagle 9 mm 124 gr FMJ's on sale ... and you can get 500 rds for $104.90 + $10-$12 for shppg. You'll have it at your door in about 3-4 days.

If you want HP's, etc... they also have those ... bit higher price.

Believe Ammo-to-Go, and some others should have it... but I've been seeing alot of them out of 124 gr. Some will let you preorder.

Dang, for the last nearly 2 yrs, finding .357 has been a major pain & prices have doubled in many cases.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The reason why they sell out of the cheap JHP's is because most people that buy them for SD think one HP bullet is just like any others,which isn't true.I've been carrying winchester Ranger T's but on my next ammo purchase for SD stuff is gonna be gold dots,they can be had for 50 rounds under $30.00,and I buy at least 150 rounds of each caliber 9,40,and 45
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by bentol888 View Post
    I bought my first 9mm after years of owning .40's because 9 is cheaper which would lead to more practice. The problem is that its hard to find decent rounds on the shelf! Stores are always back ordered and the only the cheap stuff (Monarch) is plentiful. I went to two Academy's and a Walmart with no luck. Plenty of .40's though....

Is there an armageddon coming that I don't now about??
    Look.....9mm was easy back in the day. Nothing is "easy" anymore. Just like quality AKs were available back in the day. Some days are over. No need in mixing Armageddon with failure to find ammo. I'll tell you like the rest that think that good deals can still be found..........days are over. Now......those seeking need to settle for the next best. This kind of history is being made as we speak........it will never be repeated. Most folks just don't get it. Never have. When it comes to the real "Armageddon", I think we're to close to it now for you to have time to make the correct choices. My apologies in advance if I can't take you and your family in because of your bad choices in the past. We all live with our choices or we die with them. It's become a cold, hard world. I'll help anyone in need....but being in need means innocent of the facts laid out before you now....not tomorrow.

Thanks Eagleks! I checked out Natchez and their prices were very good. I had no idea that they had these great deals online!

went to academy (forest&central) yesterday and they had 20 boxes of wwb and all kinds of the higher stuff , I bought 5 and some zombie max for ccw (they need to change the name to meth head max it will sell better). They changed the boxing of the bullets; they are a loose pack now. it doesn't even look like a 100 rounds now

I bought my first 9mm after years of owning .40's because 9 is cheaper which would lead to more practice. The problem is that its hard to find decent rounds on the shelf! Stores are always back ordered and the only the cheap stuff (Monarch) is plentiful. I went to two Academy's and a Walmart with no luck. Plenty of .40's though....

Is there an armageddon coming that I don't now about??
    Have you tried ammunitiontogo.com ? They are in the Brenham area and always seem to have what I am looking for!
    "If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."
    --Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Natchez... (on line) has Federal American Eagle 9 mm 124 gr FMJ's on sale ... and you can get 500 rds for $104.90 + $10-$12 for shppg. You'll have it at your door in about 3-4 days.

If you want HP's, etc... they also have those ... bit higher price.

Believe Ammo-to-Go, and some others should have it... but I've been seeing alot of them out of 124 gr. Some will let you preorder.

Dang, for the last nearly 2 yrs, finding .357 has been a major pain & prices have doubled in many cases.
    +1 on Natchez. Tactical Defense Solutions is also really good, particularly with JHP rounds.
    "If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag."
    --Author unknown

Thanks Eagleks! I checked out Natchez and their prices were very good. I had no idea that they had these great deals online!
    Glad it helped. We have to share our resources and help each other out.... whenever and wherever we can.

You might also check SGAMMO , they have good deals ... and ship really quick. Great folks.
    If you are wanting something and can't find it , call them, they'll do everything they can to find it for you.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I find reloading a great way to stay 'in ammo'. It makes a great hobby as well.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Jack Ross Ammunition - Made in the USA - Wholesale, Large and Small Quantities I've been using Jack Ross and ammo to go 1000 rounds of 9mm for 220 delivered to your house waiting on 1000 rounds of 40 and 45 that should get here in a week or so.... Usually takes 3-4 week for delivery of ammo so if you're in a hurry go somewhere else but good reliabel ammo and much cleaner than the ammo Ive been getting from cheaper than dirt..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I have been using SG ammo from Stillwater, Ok. lately and been more than pleased. They have something like 40 flavors of 9mm and I get delivery in 1 or 2 days depending on the time of day I place the order. They have very good prices and the 2 times I e mailed questions I got an answer in a few hours.

I can understand practicing with the same weight, but practicing with FMJ vs JHP shouldn't make any difference. I'd run enough of the JHPs through to know it will cycle them fine, but I wouldn't see the need to only shoot JHPs.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Having a good 22 plinker pistol on hand means you can always find ammo to practice with cheap.
    TVille likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links