Fiocchi 9mm 124 grain JHP thoughts

This is a discussion on Fiocchi 9mm 124 grain JHP thoughts within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought 300 rounds of this ammo, Fiocchi 124 grain JHP, it is NOT the ammo with the XTP bullet. Found a good price at ...

Thread: Fiocchi 9mm 124 grain JHP thoughts

Just bought 300 rounds of this ammo, Fiocchi 124 grain JHP, it is NOT the ammo with the XTP bullet. Found a good price at Ammuniton To Go. It is labeled 9APBHP. Anyone use this ammo, I believe it it made in the USA and it is well packaged and seems high quality. I put 50 rounds through the SR9 with no problems.Thanks

I think what you have is made in Italy. Those with XTP will be made in USA.

VIP Member
    Not that exact rnd, but, I always thought they made good ammo, maybe a little hotter than other ammo.

Fiocchi ammo is fine. I use the FMJ for target practice , along with other brands, all of the time and never had any issues of any kind. IF you carried an FMJ ammo for SD, it should be fine. My opinion, I don't carry FMJ for self-defense ammo.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I have used a lot of Fiocchi ammo, in .38 Special and 9mm....I have found it to be very good quality and have never had problems....I also reload their brass without issue.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

With a new Glock 19 I found that it broke the rim on the shell when ejecting, every 20 or so rounds. Otherwise, no problems.

RKM
    If you're asking as far as self defense ammo, I'd say, I'd probably use something else. Though, I'd also say that, if you put it in the right place, under good circumstances, it will probably perform just fine. As far as range ammo, it's good to go.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I will be posting a series of videos on my youtube channel this summer regarding balistics. I will be doing more than just the typical "shoot into water jugs" testing.
    I will be testing in the following situations:

shooting JHP through car doors and into balstic media
    shooting JHP through Pylwood and into balstic media
    shooting JHP through Drywall and into balstic media
    shooting JHP through car windows and into balstic media

If you want your round tested feel free to post message me and we can work something out. I don't have the means to buy all the common hand gun rounds on the market to test them. I have the means to test every round except the .357sig.

I would love to test some Gold Dots, Hornady Critical Duty/Critical Defense, Federal, Winchester, Etc. Post message me. for more details or sugestions.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Sponsored Links