How do Golden Saber Bonded and Gold Dots compare? - Page 2

How do Golden Saber Bonded and Gold Dots compare?

This is a discussion on How do Golden Saber Bonded and Gold Dots compare? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I contacted Remington, and was told this, in a nutshell: The newer line is in fact bonded, like Gold Dots. They are designated "GSB9MM-X" for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do Golden Saber Bonded and Gold Dots compare?

I contacted Remington, and was told this, in a nutshell: The newer line is in fact bonded, like Gold Dots. They are designated "GSB9MM-X" for Golden Saber Bonded 9mm. They come in either 124gr +P or 147gr.

So that being the case, I think I will buy as much of each as I can

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    I contacted Remington, and was told this, in a nutshell: The newer line is in fact bonded, like Gold Dots. They are designated "GSB9MM-X" for Golden Saber Bonded 9mm. They come in either 124gr +P or 147gr.

So that being the case, I think I will buy as much of each as I can

FYI Bonded Golden Saber test: .357 SIG Remington Golden Saber Ammo Gel test - YouTube

and for the budget minded, awesome 20+ years street record on these: 9mm +P+ Federal 9BPLE 115 gr Gel test - YouTube

AMM-406 - 9mm +P+ Federal JHP 115 Grain 50 Round Box 1300 fps Self Defense Ammunition
    “Our lives come from God. So does our right to defend them”
    There is only one gun law in this country, the 2nd Amendment. All else is bureaucratic nonsense that I choose to comply with or not at my discretion.

I tested both earlier this month. The good news is both performed well. Which ever load functions best in your pistol is the real decision you will need to make.

Golden Saber Bonded Mouse Guns and Gear: Ballistics testing Remington Golden Saber Bonded 9mm 124 Grain +P

Gold Dots Mouse Guns and Gear: Ballistics testing Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection 9mm 124 Grain +P GDHP
    mrwonderful likes this.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Possible problem with Remington Golden Sabers?

For what its worth, I have seen many, many "tests" on YouTube with the Golden Sabers (9mm and .45ACP), through wet-pack, water jugs and water jugs with denim, and SIMM tests with denim. All the recovered bullets plugged with denim or wet newspaper and they also separated from the jacket. If these rounds behaved in this manner through these "simplistic tests", and the SIMM test, I would not have much confidence in their functionality for a self defense situation. Just my observation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links