Aguila Ammo Question

Aguila Ammo Question

This is a discussion on Aguila Ammo Question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All, Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Aguila ammo? I'm looking to increase my stock of .223 practice ammo, and it looks ...

Aguila Ammo Question

Hi All,

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with Aguila ammo?

I'm looking to increase my stock of .223 practice ammo, and it looks like Aguila is about the best deal out there for brass-cased stuff. (I don't choose to use steel-case ammo). I don't have any experience with Aguila.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Jim

Made at the old Remington plant down in Mexico.

I've always had good luck with it in pistol rounds; never used it in .223, but can;t see why it would be any different.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I bought some back during the .380 shortage because it was all tha could be found at the time. It fired fine and I have held onto some for my stockpile.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Bought some in .45 and .40S&W. It's actually pretty clean... More so than WWB... Fired casings smell like tacos. Seriously though, It's fine ammo.

Sent from this... Using that...

Rimington is still a major holder in the plant, and they are a major supplier of military ammo to other parts of the world. I have never heard of a problem with thier products, and it is may favorite fmj 9mm practice ammo. I will give you a little more. The only negitives I can find on running the modern Polyformace Wolf in .223 is swiching to .556 brass before cleaning the chamber. It appears the slightly short .223 case causes some residue that can casuse a .556 brass case to stick, clean the chamber problem solved. In a blind accuracy test with Wolf .223 62gr. SP in the test with I think 5 other premium brands, Wolf was the most accuarte in the test. I run Wolf in my own AR, but would not run steel in my pistols, but I appears to be fine in an AR. Should you ever develop a problem on an AR you can cheaply replace a bolt in seconds.

I've used their 9MM FMJ with no problem

I've used their sub-sonic .22 LR rounds. Super silent and go bang every time.

I used to have some of the Aguila .22 they were full power not the quiet ones. Also had some .40 hollowpoints that were crazy. They were around 90 grain fragmenting hollow points. Shot a deer in the head with one(already wounded from rifle shot) and it make a heck of a hole.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Links