Live and learn....

Live and learn....

This is a discussion on Live and learn.... within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If this in wrong place please move. Thanks Now,... I just received a replacement spring from Brownells Wolf springs. Was looking for stronger spring. I ...

Live and learn....

If this in wrong place please move. Thanks

Now,... I just received a replacement spring from Brownells Wolf springs. Was looking for stronger spring.
    I replaced the existing spring with the "stronger" spring. H&K USPc .40.

Reloaded the rounds into magazine, Guess what?

Instead of the 10 round capacity, I now had a 9 round capacity. Needless to say, I reinstalled my old spring.

The wolf spring is longer, NOT stronger.

I guess the question I have is why are we not told one round less with using our springs.

Comments please.

Ridgerunner
    Originally posted by 1776er
    I guess the question I have is why are we not told one round less with using our springs.
    Because you would not have bought it them. This sort of crap happens all of the time. Send it back to them and tell if that\'s what they do to their customers you will shop somewhere else.

load it and leave them for a week btu you cant get your 10th round in after that usually works that way with wolfe springs at least everygun i have put them in was like that

Did you try to stretch out your existing spring???

The Wolf will relax a lil bit.

~A

Kahrman
    I agree, load it and leave for awhile. I bet you can get the 10th one in there after it sets a bit.

Springs??

A hot button subject with me.

No one has ever convinced me that a properly made coil spring wears out. Break, yes, wear out , no. IMO, the spring makers build themselves a market that is flawed.

I have seen far more problems caused by aftermarket springs than factory springs.

Now you all that want to change springs, have at it , your choice, your money.

I do not want to start a \'torch'war, so I will do my best to respond to rational questions with courteous answers.:yes:

Springs do not wear out, they loose \"free\" length which affects loaded pressure (drops it a ton in some cases). This is especially true when you leave the carry ammo in for many months with out ever giving the spring a break.

One thing I found is I can \"stretch\" the stock spring back out and then the magazine will be just as good as new for a few more months.

As far as the wolf spring is concerned, it should still take the 10 rounds but it may put up quite a fight until it \"takes a set\" or losses some of its free length. Like they said above try loading it with 9 rounds and letting it sit for a few days or a week, and I bet the tenth round will go in some what better.

Good luck.

Administrator

You Did Two Things Right

1st you bought from Brownell\'s & second you bought Wolff.
    Brownell\'s will fully refund your $$ with a smile & so will Wolff Gunsprings.

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    are you sure you didn\'t buy the spring for the full capacity 13 round magazine? I use wolff +10% springs in my HK USP .40 and fit 13 rounds with no problem.

Links