Which has better incapacitation> .357sig or 40 caliber?

This is a discussion on Which has better incapacitation> .357sig or 40 caliber? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do agree that most handgun cartridges are not know for stopping power, but the .357 SIG "IS" known for its awesome felon-dropping stopping power. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Which has better incapacitation> .357sig or 40 caliber?

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I do agree that most handgun cartridges are not know for stopping power, but
    the .357 SIG "IS" known for its awesome felon-dropping stopping power.

I think if the .40 was any better at stopping bad guys or offering superb tactical penetration, the Texas DPS and other agencies would be switching.

They already tried 45 ACP and found it lacking in Rapid stopping power and penetration.

Being the band leaders for the .357 SIG at an early age of the cartridge, most others that have followed
    have not switched to anything newer as well.

Loads like the BARNES TAC-XP and Hornady's FTX give me more faith in the .45 ACP to penetrate a bit deeper these days,
    but that's just a personal requirement.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A very cool cartridge that seemingly grows in popularity each week.

I have nothing against Glocks or M&Ps, and others in the caliber,

only wish that CZ would join the fun with offering a few production guns.

Those guys shooting .357 CZs with after-market barrels truly LOVE them!
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

2. Remove Ads

totally splitting hairs here. just buy one and shoot the crap out of it. the body will fall in exactly the same place so just get the one you like more.

I have a 40sw caliber but from my reading of info 357 sig is the top performer right now for service rounds for LEO in auto pistols. 40 is right behind it.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

From what I've read, the 357 Sig has better penetration though soft barriers like glass. Luckily, we civilians do not have to worry about that scenario as much as LEOs.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links