Which is "best" .45ACP for self defense carry?

This is a discussion on Which is "best" .45ACP for self defense carry? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 45ACP 230gr Federal HST+P VS Pork Shoulder! This should answer your questions! .45ACP 230gr Federal HST +P (P45HST1) vs Pork Shoulder.. - YouTube...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Which is "best" .45ACP for self defense carry?

45ACP 230gr Federal HST+P VS Pork Shoulder! This should answer your questions!

.45ACP 230gr Federal HST +P (P45HST1) vs Pork Shoulder.. - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

Corbon dpx

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I apologize if somebody already said Glock 30 but I got to fire one a couple of weekends ago and I couldn't believe you can pack that much punch into such a small package. I wasn't as accurate as with my own G23 (.40) but the kick didn't seem any worse and the gun's owner was pretty good with it.

My knock-down choice is a line of personal defense ammo made locally by RBCD Performance Plus, Inc.
    []RBCD Performance Plus.

Though perhaps not widely known or appreciated by the CCW commumnity, RBCD has been a long-standing source of civilian man-stopper ammo for certain government and Law Enforcement agencies, including Air Marshal, Secret Service, and select military customers.

My carry Kahr P45 is loaded with RBCD 80 gr. TPD 45 ACP (2375 fps/1002 flbs).

I'm looking forward (someday) to putting one or two of these rounds through the progressively ported Heizer titanium DoubleTap .45 ACP tactical pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Airweight638 View Post
    My knock-down choice is a line of personal defense ammo made locally by RBCD Performance Plus, Inc.
    []RBCD Performance Plus.

Though perhaps not widely known or appreciated by the CCW commumnity, RBCD has been a long-standing source of civilian man-stopper ammo for certain government and Law Enforcement agencies, including Air Marshal, Secret Service, and select military customers.

My carry Kahr P45 is loaded with RBCD 80 gr. TPD 45 ACP (2375 fps/1002 flbs).

I'm looking forward (someday) to putting one or two of these rounds through the progressively ported Heizer titanium DoubleTap .45 ACP tactical pocket pistol.
    You might want to read about RBCD ammo. Seems they made some claims that didn't work when tested.
    --Jason--

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links