My Apologies to Hornady

My Apologies to Hornady

This is a discussion on My Apologies to Hornady within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When Hornady introduced their Zombie line of ammo, I like others smirked at it and ridiculed Hornady for what i thought was a cheap stunt. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My Apologies to Hornady

My Apologies to Hornady

When Hornady introduced their Zombie line of ammo, I like others smirked at it and ridiculed Hornady for what i thought was a cheap stunt. However, after seeing the case down in Florida with the Zombie actually eating the face off a poor fellow, who only growled when ordered by the police to stop, ignored being shot the first time and continued having his lunch, I now realize that Hornady was right. They were trying to warn us, and I didn't listen. I am listening now. The Mozambique drill is now more important than ever, and obviously the right ammo is a must. Sorry Hornady for doubting you.
    Spirit51, atctimmy, OD* and 4 others like this.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Now that you mentioned it,we may have zombies soon in my little city. Bath salt use is on the rise. Local police have warned people it may result in psychotic episodes.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

It is getting to that "lock and load" time. Now I understand why my Hubby insisted I watch the Zombie movie with Woody Hurlson. I thought it was just a funny crap movie. I see now it was to prepare me for the future attacks.
    mano3 and darbo like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

just remember the rules spirit and you'll be fine

I saw on the reality TV show "the walking dead" that you are supposed to shoot them in the melon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    When Hornady introduced their Zombie line of ammo, I like others smirked at it and ridiculed Hornady for what i thought was a cheap stunt. However, after seeing the case down in Florida with the Zombie actually eating the face off a poor fellow, who only growled when ordered by the police to stop, ignored being shot the first time and continued having his lunch, I now realize that Hornady was right. They were trying to warn us, and I didn't listen. I am listening now. The Mozambique drill is now more important than ever, and obviously the right ammo is a must. Sorry Hornady for doubting you.
    So, is there any data that suggests that a Zombie-Max is any more effective than a Ranger-T or an HSTagainst a bath-salted-up zombie?

Regards,
    Jim

Did the officer shoot him in the head? If not, I'm afraid I'll just have to keep waiting for the ZA.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Here are more Zombie attacks

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...155455985.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...comm_ref=false

Quote Originally Posted by gilliland87 View Post
    just remember the rules spirit and you'll be fine
    Double Tap.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I still think they are on crack, but I may have to resort to using their Critical Defense rounds soon... maybe I'll change my tune then.

Administrator
    You know the old saying....We Are Only Nine Meals Away From Anarchy.

It will take longer than 3 days for segments of the human population to resort to cannibalism though.

First the weak, the elderly, warehouses, restaurant kitchens, and the unprepared...etc. get targeted for existing supplies of anything edible.

Cannibalism still does exist in the world today though "officially" it no longer does.

In China during the mass starvation of The Great Leap Forward. Parents killed and ate their own children and that was not that long ago. That was after all of the dogs and cats and rats were devoured.

How did they rationalize that? There was absolutely no food and no hope of getting any. They could not feed their children and did not want them to suffer through the agony of slow starvation. So they basically "put them out of their misery" and then figured...They are now dead so why waste the meat?

Totally bizarre but, a historical reality none the less.

When people have lost everything and they have nothing left to lose. They lose it.

And when they have totally "lost it" then anything goes & traditional taboos go flying out the window.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You know the old saying....We Are Only Nine Meals Away From Anarchy.

It will take longer than 3 days for segments of the human population to resort to cannibalism though.

First the weak, the elderly, warehouses, restaurant kitchens, and the unprepared...etc. get targeted for existing supplies of anything edible.

Cannibalism still does exist in the world today though "officially" it no longer does.

In China during the mass starvation of The Great Leap Forward. Parents killed and ate their own children and that was not that long ago. That was after all of the dogs and cats and rats were devoured.

How did they rationalize that? There was absolutely no food and no hope of getting any. They could not feed their children and did not want them to suffer through the agony of slow starvation. So they basically "put them out of their misery" and then figured...They are now dead so why waste the meat?

Totally bizarre but, a historical reality none the less.

When people have lost everything and they have nothing left to lose. They lose it.

And when they have totally "lost it" then anything goes & traditional taboos go flying out the window.
    Ya, uhhhhh...... what he said.

Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

though I love my hornady critical defense, I still think the whole zombie killer ammo is ridiculous :) If they said even one thing that made them different from the other ammo (improved skull penetration comes to mind) I might change my mind, but to date all I can find from them is garbage about mythical creatures, pure marketing crap.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobbly View Post
    though I love my hornady critical defense, I still think the whole zombie killer ammo is ridiculous :) If they said even one thing that made them different from the other ammo (improved skull penetration comes to mind) I might change my mind, but to date all I can find from them is garbage about mythical creatures, pure marketing crap.
    It's purely a gag.

They are Critical Defense, but with the polymer ball colored green instead of red.

Calm down...

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I wonder if they were hungry again an hour later??
    AZJD1968, mano3, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links