Remington 38 Special +P 158 Grain LSWCHP test - Page 2

Remington 38 Special +P 158 Grain LSWCHP Test

This is a discussion on Remington 38 Special +P 158 Grain LSWCHP Test within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; good ammo for the j-frame gun. for many mango seasons (33 plus years) i carried a s&w model 36 and/or model 60 as my "bug" ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Remington 38 Special +P 158 Grain LSWCHP test

good ammo for the j-frame gun. for many mango seasons (33 plus years) i carried a s&w model 36 and/or model 60 as my "bug" on duty. even when the small autos came in i stayed with the j-frame. my duty issue ammo for the 38 sp is federal premium tactical 147gr hydra-shok jhp +p+. yes, i said +p+. back in the old days it did not have the tactical name just old federal +p+ 147gr hydra-shok. now it is something that you don't want to shoot a lots in a 1980 j-frame. but in the newer guns no problem.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that link to the standard pressure load. Interesting results. More penetration and less expansion from the standard pressure load. I think I'll be picking up some of those for the wife.

Late in this thread.........but it is a good thread.

I just started shooting this out of my Sp101 3" and really like the POA and manageability of this round. I loaded about 50 rounds of 357 mag with 5.5 grains of Unique. I am going to try it with 4.5 grains of Unique for 38 special to shoot from my SW638 2.5" Airweight. If it shoots just as well as the 357 I will be looking to buy some for carry. It is nice to carry what you practice with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links