What 9mm Ammo Do You Carry?

This is a discussion on What 9mm Ammo Do You Carry? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I roll my own 115gr. FMJ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What 9mm Ammo Do You Carry?

P95
    I roll my own 115gr. FMJ

2. Remove Ads

147gr HST, Ranger-T, or Gold Dots. Whatever I've recently picked up for a good price.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Hornady Critical Duty 135 +P

As gottabkiddin mentioned tnoutdoors9's YouTube channel has a wealth of defensive carry related info.

On the muzzle flash topic, I thought I'd add a little something. I just went on a training course which involved some low light training. Almost everyone was using home defense type weapons, meaning there were no snubbies or subsubsub compacts. Glock 19s, Sig P226/229, were the kinds of weapons and everyone had basic range ammo of the FMJ variety.

In the low (not zero) light shooting without flashlights I don't even remember seeing muzzle flash from my gun (P226), probably because most of it was going forward and the recoil hid it from view? I was at the end of the firing line so I looked down the line at all the other shooters and saw a lot of the muzzle flash. Almost all were a red/orange color, perhaps 3-6 inches in length but not that big of a flash at all. IMO, the worst offender was the revolver as part of the flash comes out the sides due to the way revolvers are built.

This has made me skeptical that reduced muzzle flash ammo is some kind of special thing, as I wasn't the only one using el-cheapo range ammo. Federal American Eagle in my case.

I have lots of Cor-Bon 115GR +P 9MM, a ton of Ranger T's +P+ 127GR. Neither has any detectable flash at my indoor gun range that has very low light in it. I had some older Cor-Bon not all copper bullets that had a low red glow not flash when shot. I do not have any more of those. I like both the Cor-Bon and Ranger T's.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Speed VS JHP 124 gr.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I'm gonna throw some DoubleTap 124gr. 9mm Bonded Defense down range next weekend. If the recoil is manageable then that will be my carry round. I'm almost positive I won't have any feeding issues in my Kahr.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    147-gr. HST +P or 147-gr. Ranger Bonded.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Have Fed 124 +P+/ Win Ranger 127 +P+ on hand. In my BHP/Wolff springed gun-that is it. If not 9mm BHP-45 ACP HST/Win SXT+P.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links