Unknown shotgun shells

Unknown shotgun shells

This is a discussion on Unknown shotgun shells within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since No. 8 shotgun shells COULD be used for home defense..........LOL........... (and very effectively!)---- I just happened into a handful of unknown 12ga. shells, and ...

Thread: Unknown shotgun shells

Unknown shotgun shells

Since No. 8 shotgun shells COULD be used for home defense..........LOL........... (and very effectively!)----

I just happened into a handful of unknown 12ga. shells, and I can't seem to find any pertinent info online..... maybe one of you out there has knowledge of these :

12 gauge, 2 3/4", bright red with the word SALVO and 8 on the sides; the headstamp says SALVO at the top with 12 at the bottom (all read while held in one direction, not rotating), with two six-sided stars, one on each side inbetween. These are indeed No. 8 shot, not the complex "salvo' mixed-shot loads, so "SALVO" is quite apparently the brand name.

So, anyone ever encounter these? Thanks for all genuine input. GOD bless and Happy Fathers Day. (^_^)

VIP Member
    Looks like a Yogo shotshell here is the 20 gauge version.

20ga SALVO - Yugo Shotshell For Sale at GunAuction.com
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    If you're not positive what it is, either toss it or use it for practice at the range. I certainly wouldn't use it for anything important.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Thanks for the input, Gentlemen. I'd have to say, "Bingo!", as the headstamp is the same except for the gauge designation. Also, the SALVO name on the red 12's is straight up and down (sideways) as opposed to spiral on the yellow 20 shown. Cool!! Of course I won't 'toss it', as the remaining 5 shells (I cut one split one to determine that it was indeed No. 8 shot and not a "salvo" load, as stated above) are in nice shape and will make good display pieces. (^_^)

Links