Critical defense expansion issues?

This is a discussion on Critical defense expansion issues? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I remember reading this last night before going to bed here, but I can't find it now... I was thinking of critical duty on my ...

I remember reading this last night before going to bed here, but I can't find it now...

I was thinking of critical duty on my duty pistol (MP9) and my conceal carry (MP9c) but for my BUG (PF9) I was thinking critical defense because of the short barrel

that being said, I saw here someone mentioned that the critical defense has had problems properly expanding... I did a quick google on this matter, and haven't found anything.

what is the case with this? thanks!

Just run it. I do. There is always going to be someone that has bad results on something here and there. In my opinion, stick with name brands well known and you should be fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I agree, I've researched it pretty in depth when trying to find my home defense ammo, the success/failure rate of expansion on all the decent ammo available is very good. I'd say don't be cheap with the home defense ammo, that's the one time to pay a pretty penny for great ammo. :)

This Hydra-shok ammo is a great one. I use it and a few of our local PD's use these. the wikipedia link below with more info....

Hydra-Shok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i've seen Critical Defense perform very poorly (no expansion) in .380 ACP,but in other calibers such as .38,9mm,40cal etc only good/reliable expansion..

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i've seen Critical Defense perform very poorly (no expansion) in .380 ACP,but in other calibers such as .38,9mm,40cal etc only good/reliable expansion..
    Point to take home from this,
    Don't use a mouse gun unless your mouse hunting! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Links