Do you carry extra ammunition or magazines daily? - Page 5

Do you carry extra ammunition or magazines daily?

This is a discussion on Do you carry extra ammunition or magazines daily? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry two bandoleers of .223, and six mags for whatever sidearm I have. I keep four spare mags for the AR in my BDU ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry extra ammunition or magazines daily?

Administrator
    I carry two bandoleers of .223, and six mags for whatever sidearm I have. I keep four spare mags for the AR in my BDU pockets. I also pull a radio flyer wagon behind me with a first aid kit, spare parts, a couple of cases of ammo and some Mt. Dew. My wagon has a spotlight I took off of a old police car. I carry my Glock entrenching tool in the small of my back, and my Glock bayonet stays fixed to my pistol. I almost always wear a Glock t-shirt, its great for picking up chicks. Does Glock make shoes? I also keep two cyanide pills in my front breast coat pocket, just in case. I always carry a sat phone, cause the mall gets crappy cell reception. My wife carries the money and car keys.
    I don't carry a spare mag for my back up pistol, it chafes my leg.
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 5th, 2006 at 01:06 PM.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    LOLOLOL

Gunkid... err SIXTO, have you considered mounting a .50 to the front of the wagon? A .30 may be more practical, but I know you will agree that you can never have too much firepower.

I think I almost lost my Cheerios when you said "Glock Entrenching tool" hahaa
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

VIP Member
    Yes; at least one reload of .40 S&W (Gold Dot 165 grain JHP) behind the left hip in a clip-on Galco carrier. Two reloads if I am executing any warrants in a double magazine holder, also behind the left hip.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    At least it isn't the "assault wheelbarrow."

Gunkid's in prison on weapons and other charges... should we still make fun of him, given that he can't see it?

Josh <><

New Member Array hopetonvrshoot's Avatar
    When I am away from work I usually just carry the 13 round in the Glock Model 23. At work it is another story and two spare Model 22 15 rounders in the shoulder holster or one in a belt carrier or the fanny pack.

on and off duty i am required to carry one reload with what weapon that i have on. for the glock 23 it is two mags in the shoulder holster. for the glock 27 it is one mag in the back pocket. for the model 60 it is one 6 rounds speed strip in the right front pocket. for the kel-tec p3at it is one mag in the left front pocket.

New Member Array hopetonvrshoot's Avatar
    frankmako...nice bike. I have a plain jane FLHT. Good Bike! As far as spare ammo...how long will your engagement last? Can you brake off after three or are you in the mix until it's over?

Sponsor
    I answered before, but have changed primary carry weapon to G17 from the g26 now that cooler weather is here:

Spare g17 with +2 extension on it [ 19 rds ] in the left rear back pocket now.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

I always carry a spare mag. As with the firearm, it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I carry two bandoleers of .223, and six mags for whatever sidearm I have. I keep four spare mags for the AR in my BDU pockets. I also pull a radio flyer wagon behind me with a first aid kit, spare parts, a couple of cases of ammo and some Mt. Dew. My wagon has a spotlight I took off of a old police car. I carry my Glock entrenching tool in the small of my back, and my Glock bayonet stays fixed to my pistol. I almost always wear a Glock t-shirt, its great for picking up chicks. Does Glock make shoes? I also keep two cyanide pills in my front breast coat pocket, just in case. I always carry a sat phone, cause the mall gets crappy cell reception. My wife carries the money and car keys.
    I don't carry a spare mag for my back up pistol, it chafes my leg.

One of the greatest responses of all time!

As for me, I don't carry anything other than gun, keys, blackberry, wallet. If I am switching clips in a gunfight, I am probably in the wrong end of town.

Was bothered by this myself.
    Another mag is always a good idea, but not convienent to carry.
    Does no good in car.
    Bought a Mernickle paddle holster with a mag carrier attached to the front edge. Put the gun on and have a spare in the same space.

Usually P229/.40S&W with one spare mag on weak side....

Occassionally, with MK9 BUG with one spare mag

For colder weather carry, I have a Fobus Roto holser for my Springifled .45 on my 3:00, and a fobus magazine carrier at my 9:00, which holds two spare mags. If i have my snub nose .357 in my Carhart pocket, I keep a speed loader in the other hand coat pocket. I try to keep things on different sides so that my firing hand never has to let go of the gun to grab the spare mag/loader

A mag (or speedloader) for all carry guns. Except for the BUG. When I used to carry the Steyr and had only one mag, the BUG was my "New York reload".

Always...

have an extra mag...sometimes in a belt mag clip...sometimes just an extra clip in a front pocket...

Stay safe...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links