Ruger LC9

Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought my first hand gun...LC9 and iam very happy..I have put about 100 rounds through it with no problems..In the Manual it says not ...

Thread: Ruger LC9

Ruger LC9

Just bought my first hand gun...LC9 and iam very happy..I have put about 100 rounds through it with no problems..In the Manual it says not to fire any +P or +P+...I have been using 115 grain ammo.. Other ammo I have looked at ...is all +P ammo...Is 115 the only thing I can use??

I am pretty sure my LC9 said +P is ok, but will accelerate wear. There is plenty of standard 9mm out there.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I love my LC9. There is plenty on ammo that is not +P. I have 115, 124 and 147. I bought most of it online.

Donnie

I love my LC9 and carry 127 Speers (Not +p). I do not like the +p in a small gun as they are hard to recover from for a second shot, in my opinion.

Wanna make it nucer? Add the Galloway Precision hammer to it. Shortens the trigger break point conciderably. I did not add the trigger bar they seem to like to talk about because while it shortens the break point even more, it moved the reset point to the very, very, very front of the trigger movement. Just the hammer upgrade shortens the break point and keeps the reset in a good place.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    You'll be fine with 124 and 147 gr rounds. Avoid +P and +P+.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Links