Anyone shooting .400 Corbon?

Anyone shooting .400 Corbon?

This is a discussion on Anyone shooting .400 Corbon? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was watching ballistics demonstrations through gelatin on Corbon's YouTube channel and they were shooting some ammo they invented called .400 Corbon. I immediately scooted ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anyone shooting .400 Corbon?

  1. #1
    Member Array indykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    137

    Anyone shooting .400 Corbon?

    I was watching ballistics demonstrations through gelatin on Corbon's YouTube channel and they were shooting some ammo they invented called .400 Corbon. I immediately scooted to their website to look at bullet weight and muzzle energy stats because that round made one heck of a temporary and permanent stretch cavity. It looks like a necked down .45 ACP casing with a .40 bullet. I know Corbon's philosophy on ammo is the faster the better and their pet round certainly fits that bill. It launches a 135 gr. bullet at 1450 fps creating 630 ft. lbs. of energy at the muzzle from a 5 inch barrel. I don't know if I've seen better specs for a semi-auto round unless you venture to the King Kong of semi-autos, the Desert Eagle. Anyone in the wide world of Defensive Carry have first hand experience with this round? If so, through what gun?


    God Bless


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lewis-Clark Valley
    Posts
    1,513
    I know a local guy who shoots it through his Commander.

    /400 CB barrels are available and Cor-Bon and others offer ammo.

    I've shot both 45 acp and 10mm in the past and the round gives what some
    believe is that light .40 caliber Magic Bullet out of a 1911 platform.

    I can imagine that reloading it is easier than .357 SIG.

  3. #3
    Member Array indykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    I know a local guy who shoots it through his Commander.

    /400 CB barrels are available and Cor-Bon and others offer ammo.

    I've shot both 45 acp and 10mm in the past and the round gives what some
    believe is that light .40 caliber Magic Bullet out of a 1911 platform.

    I can imagine that reloading it is easier than .357 SIG.
    Thanks. I did find barrel conversions for both 1911's and Glock 21's.


    God Bless

  4. #4
    Member Array normAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    It launches a 135 gr. bullet at 1450 fps creating 630 ft. lbs. of energy at the muzzle from a 5 inch barrel. I don't know if I've seen better specs for a semi-auto round unless you venture to the King Kong of semi-autos, the Desert Eagle.


    God Bless
    My 460 Rowland (XD conversion) is shooting 225gr at 1400 fps and produces 979 ft lbs of energy. This conversion on an XD 45 was just a matter of swapping barrels and adding Wolffe magazine springs.

  5. #5
    Member Array indykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by normAK View Post
    My 460 Rowland (XD conversion) is shooting 225gr at 1400 fps and produces 979 ft lbs of energy. This conversion on an XD 45 was just a matter of swapping barrels and adding Wolffe magazine springs.
    Very interesting! Where'd you get your conversion kit from?


    God Bless

  6. #6
    Member Array normAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Very interesting! Where'd you get your conversion kit from?


    God Bless
    I got mine locally at Wild West Guns Wild West Guns - Alaskas Largest Custom Gun Shop , but you can't go wrong with getting a conversion straight from Johnny Rowland at .460 Rowland

    If you reload your standard 45 ACP dies will work for the 460 and the most extensive load data I have seen for the caliber is at Real Guns - Handload Data - 460 Rowland

  7. #7
    Member Array indykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    137
    Great website NormAK! Thanks


    God Bless

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

.400 cor bon
,

.400 corbon

,
.400 corbon ammo
,

400 corbon

,
400 corbon ammo
,
400 corbon ballistics
,
400 corbon gun
,
400 corbon vs 10mm
,
400 corbon vs 10mm ballistics
,
400corbon
,
corbon 400
,
reloading info for the .400 corbon pistol cartridge.
Click on a term to search for related topics.