Whats up with ammo ( again )

This is a discussion on Whats up with ammo ( again ) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems like people are start to hoard ammo again. The inventory is winding down and prices going up! Is it due to the UN Talks? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Whats up with ammo ( again )

VIP Member

Seems like people are start to hoard ammo again. The inventory is winding down and prices going up!
    Is it due to the UN Talks? Any other reasons?
    I hate when this happens. I thought we were past this.
    My game plan is to make each shot count and not go out and panic and purchase every bit of ammo I see on the shelves. I try and look into the stories and get facts. Seems to me there is some rhetoric on both the left and right with the truth some where in the middle.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I haven't noticed any shortages or dwindling supplies at any stores, but yes, prices are certainly on the rise. Cheapest brass cased 9mm in my area is Walmarts WWB value packs, and even that comes out to 12+ bucks a box. Steel cased ammo for $9.95 is what I've been getting lately.
    mitsuman likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member
    Ya, I haven't noticed any lack of stock. Just went to wally world last saturday and bought a few boxes of ammo - .380, 40 s&w and 9mm. They were low or out of several but its always that way and the prices were same as usual for me.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Election year. Last go round Obama actually had to win for folks to go nuts, and all went insane thinking he was gonna take 'em all.

This time, the threat of him winning seems to be enough. But what I think is REALLY going on is that folks do not want to do without, as they did last time when you couldn't find a thing. Folks are hoarding not from fear of Obama, but from fear that since others will also be hoarding, there will soon be none left for some time.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Election year. Folks are hoarding not from fear of Obama, but from fear that since others will also be hoarding, there will soon be none left for some time.
    My point! I got nothing wrong with folks stocking up and everyone should have a supply, but to go in and purchase thousands of rounds and clean them out??????
    Looks to me like mostly .223 not so much hand gun ammo. Wally World is always up and down on inventory. Check out some internet prices on .223.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Seems like people are start to hoard ammo again. The inventory is winding down and prices going up!
    Is it due to the UN Talks? Any other reasons?
    My game plan is to make each shot count and not go out and panic and purchase every bit of ammo I see on the shelves. I try and look into the stories and get facts. Seems to me there is some rhetoric on both the left and right with the truth some where in the middle.
    I can't speak for everybody, I'm just speaking for myself. I started stocking up on ammo way before these UN talks. I have almost 10,000 rounds in a wide range of calibers (.380, .38, 9mm, .357sig, .40, 12ga, 30-30, 7.62x39, etc.) and I'll continue to stock up.

We live in uncertain times. We also have a president in office that can't wait to see a second term, so he can show his real agenda with no worries of re-election. This isn't the case of a tin-foil hat, it's just I've learned to expect the unexpected. If SHTF, I'll be prepared and will refuse to be disarmed or stripped of my rights.
    Badey likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I get it but let's not be our own worst enemies. Yeah sure, God bless the child that got his own but.....last election the gouging and the shortages got absurd. Panic buying hurts everyone.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Yes....again....election year. High cap magazines and ammo top the market. Forget food and water in prep for the upcoming end of the world in December.......hey....priorities right? LOL!
    Well, here we are again discussing why folks wait until the last minute and like to panic while suppliers and manufacturers make more trips to the bank. I guess that keeps life interesting for some. History repeats itself and we seem to have short memories (some of us).
    My game plan
    "I hate when this happens" I can predict it and it will happen again at some point (you'll have to read my book once I write it and have it published).
    "I thought we were past this" Are you depending on others to get past this? Forget depending on others.......we are not a team, we're just we.
    "My game plan"? Again.......if you would have read my book (which is still a future goal of mine), you'd know how to plan a better game.
    Stay tuned.

I'll just keep reloading my own :-)
    I pay my daughters to pick up any/all brass while at the range, 4-5 times a month.. I have ammo reloaded in calibers I don't even own, other brass that I don't have bullets/dies for I just run through the sonic cleaner then sort and bag.. As of now I have 13 ammo cans full of the ammo I shoot, and 5 more of the ones I don't. With the price of reloading supplies going up, and long back orders... It's a good thing I got a head start.. I've even been reading/researching on casting my own bullets... It feels good being self sufficient to the point where you have to buy very little to maintain your supply.

Making darn sure I have a good supply stocked up. I will keep adding to it.
    One mans panic is another man smart planning.
    I don't panic , to be in a state of panic means I was no prepared.

Oh...yeah......"hoarding" is against the law so it can't happen even if you think it does.

the election is one reason and some other factors. you better get it now. the best way to have gun control is to control the ammo.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    you better get it now.
    Correction........you better have got it yesterday since now is way too close to the past.

There was plenty at a walmart yesterday. WWB 45 (100 target) was up a couple of bucks and 9mm federal (50) was up a buck. Guy behind the counter said it was the second time prices went up, same as last year. Still cheaper than ATG due to shipping. Also, I learned ATG sells two kinds of WWB in 45, one made in the USA and one made in Czech. Walmart sells the one made in the USA.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Yes I believe ammo prices on the rise due to political and financial events.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links