places for ammo

This is a discussion on places for ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have gotten some good prices from gunrunner.com...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: places for ammo

I have gotten some good prices from gunrunner.com

2. Remove Ads

Try this: CCI Blazer 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ Ammunition 50/box - Natchez Shooters Supplies 9mm for $10.49 a box of 50. Sometimes they have sales of Blazer that go down to $8.50 for a box of 50 and that's when I buy 10 boxes for my shooting needs. The 45acp averages a bit more but not a ton more for Blazer. I just picked up 500rds of each of those.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Buy online in bulk.

sgammo, cheaper than dirt, ammoman, ammunitiontogo, etc.

-john

You didn't mention what caliber (s) you are shooting. That makes a big difference. Definitely look for sales, local and on-line. Remember tho', you will have to pay shipping when purchasing on-line and that often negates the 'sale' price of the ammo. Buy in bulk whenever possible. I shoot 9mm, /38 special/.357 mag. hand gun calibers. All very common. Every payday, I stop @ Walley World, or one of the local sporting goods stores and purchase a box or two of ammo. I keep an inventory, I'm kind of anal that way. I know exactly what I want to purchase each payday. If I don't find it, I go to plan B, or plan C. I also look for ... well, no sense in telling everything. I try to cover all of my bases.

thanks for that - been look for cheap speer lawman 9mm - found them here for 10.99 - picked up a case
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Buy online in bulk.

sgammo, cheaper than dirt, ammoman, ammunitiontogo, etc.

-john
    I was just about to list my favorite online sources, but bzdog has just about got them covered. I shop around a good bit, and have found outstanding buys at all of these suppliers. Might add Luckygunner.com to the list.

You never know from day to day who's going to have the very best deal on what, but these are all good places to look.

Regards,
    Jim

Walmart has some great prices but you need to buy all you can when you find what your looking for. I bought 5 100 round boxes of Federal 45 ACP for $26.00. Then I hit 6 other Walmarts looking for the same ammo and couldn't Find it any any where. I was glad I bought the first one out but I would have bought another 5 - 10 boxes if I could have found them I always seem to find these deals at the end of the pay period but I stock up when I can.
    I usually buy 50 rounds of Federal for 15.47 at Walmart still not a bad deal I don't think. If I can shoot 45 hardball ammo for $0.35 a bang that's good and $1.00 for self defense that's good in my book by the the
    By the time you pay shipping at cheaper than dirt you've surpassed $0.35 a bang. For 45 ACP.

Thanks alot for this. i just placed a nice order with Glenns Army and navy. thanks for all the ideas.
    mano3 likes this.

I'm a HUGE fan of SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma. I've ordered thousands of rounds from them. Great prices, great selection!
    Honk likes this.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    suggestiion don't buy from Jack Ross Ammo had to file a complaint with the BBB ordered ammo over 4 months ago still haven't received it. First few orders where great good ammo don't know what's happening now they don't answer there phone or emails..
    Honk likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    freedom ammo Case of 1000 .40 ACP $249.00 plus shipping and they will buy your old brass back and give you a cheaper price.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaDX View Post
    Stop buying boxes of 50 and stock up when its on sale. For example: Walmart has 9mm Federal for $12.49 per 50 or $19.99 a box of 100. Its a no brainer, you save $5 a hundred. Check out sgammo.com, palmettostatearmory.com and ammunitiontogo.com. Those are 3 of my favorite online ammo suppliers.
    Agree completely. I buy 9mm in 1000 round cases from SGAmmo. Love those guys. Good prices, quick response and shipping. Super nice people. I like supporting smaller family businesses as well. I'm waiting on a case to arrive tomorrow by UPS as a matter of fact.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    suggestiion don't buy from Jack Ross Ammo had to file a complaint with the BBB ordered ammo over 4 months ago still haven't received it. First few orders where great good ammo don't know what's happening now they don't answer there phone or emails..
    #@!)^&%#

Same problem. Someone recommended them and said the ammo was really good. The price was right. Waiting forever, no replies, won't answer the phone, etc. Filed a BBB complaint last week.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

SG ammo has very good prices and super service. They do it right. I get ammo from them in 2 days from placement of the order. The last order was ready for pickup at 10:00 PM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Econometrics View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma. I've ordered thousands of rounds from them. Great prices, great selection!
    Another vote for SGAmmo.com. Online real time inventory, good prices, and great service.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links