places for ammo

This is a discussion on places for ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; been trying to get to the gun range, twice a month would like to go more but the cost of ammo is killing me. What ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: places for ammo

places for ammo

been trying to get to the gun range, twice a month would like to go more but the cost of ammo is killing me. What do others do? I've never reloaded before and not interested, just looking for paying less than $20-$25 for a box of 50.

2. Remove Ads

Do you have WalMart nearby? Also, there's any number of internet sites that even with the steep shipping they charge can beat those prices. 9mm is dirt cheap but if you're firing .40, .45, or magnum rounds then you'll beat it but not by as much.

Best deal I've found online for .40 is Glen's Army Navy.

I buy my target ammo by the case from here:

Cheap 9mm Luger Ammo For Sale | Bulk 9mm Luger Ammunition For Sale Online

They have free shipping if you buy 1,000 rounds. There are other places and I have a link to an ammo finder on my home PC but I'm sure someone will come along and post the link momentarily.

cj
    What are you shooting? I got a .22 version of my most-commonly-shot pistol and can do a lot of practice with that, then a few magazines with the full size to make sure what I learned transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    What are you shooting? I got a .22 version of my most-commonly-shot pistol and can do a lot of practice with that, then a few magazines with the full size to make sure what I learned transfers.
    Ammo costs are the best reason for investing in at least one 22 plinker. I can't afford to shoot many of my other calibers right now but I can afford to fire off hundreds of 22 per range session.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Ammo costs are the best reason for investing in at least one 22 plinker. I can't afford to shoot many of my other calibers right now but I can afford to fire off hundreds of 22 per range session.
    I agree in theory but I can buy a lot of .40S&W for the price of a new gun. Like my '99 Suburban, which was paid for in '04. People ask about MPG and I say, "I can buy a lot of gas for the price of a new car."
    OldVet and vca2004 like this.

Every week my local store (fleet Farm) for those in WI has 9mm target on ammo either $9.99 or $8.99 on sale. They alternate brands every week but I have yet to find it cheaper on line once you factor in shipping.

Find a local or mail order reloading business. Save your brass and they will load or trade. Welcome to Mastercast Bullet Co.,Inc.

Try a local or mail order re-loader. Save your brass and exchange for discount. http://http://www.mastercast.net/ftp...ail_Sales.html
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Well first, don't shoot a caliber that is hard to find and uncommon.

Second, purchase and fire a target round rather than the expensive self defense round.

Third, buy in bulk.

Fourth..., reload? .22 conversion?...
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Cabelas! $16.99 for 50 rnds of FMJ fiocchii ammo :-D $21.99 for 50 rounds of fiocchii extrema XTP HPJ loaded with horiday rounds ;-)

VIP Member
    Walmart, Fleet Farm or you can get a case online, other wise change over to a 22 and you can purchase a 500 rn box for under twenty bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Walmart, Fleet Farm or you can get a case online, other wise change over to a 22 and you can purchase a 500 rn box for under twenty bucks.
    +1 if your weapon is capable you can buy a 22 conversion kit which contains a upper assembly and magazine, just pop it on and you can shoot 22 at the range all day long, then swap back to your carry setup for CC ;-D i have them for my 1911's and glocks.

Stop buying boxes of 50 and stock up when its on sale. For example: Walmart has 9mm Federal for $12.49 per 50 or $19.99 a box of 100. Its a no brainer, you save $5 a hundred. Check out sgammo.com, palmettostatearmory.com and ammunitiontogo.com. Those are 3 of my favorite online ammo suppliers.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Just run down to the local gun show and buy those plastic bags of loose reloaded ammo from Billy-Bob's Handy Dandy Ammo Shack. It's good to blow, I mean go!

Seriously, what caliber are you shooting? I reload my .45 ACP for @$9.00 a box, and I'm not buying components in bulk.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sportsman's Guide and wait until they have a free shipping sale that includes ammo.
    abillb likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links