What ammo do you use in your LCP? - Page 2

What ammo do you use in your LCP?

This is a discussion on What ammo do you use in your LCP? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, Thanks for all of the info!! I do also want to ask about solid copper bullets, do you think this would be a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What ammo do you use in your LCP?

Hi all,
    Thanks for all of the info!!
    I do also want to ask about solid copper bullets, do you think this would be a better route in order to get both penetration and expansion? I have not heard much about the solid copper projectiles other than they are suppose to be " the best of both worlds" when it comes to expansion & penetration. I was considering trying something like this out in my lcp, but after reading a few reviews about the corbon dpx not feeding properly in the lcp's I have stayed away from them. The reviews said something about the round hanging up in the magazine of the lcp's almost like the OAL. is too long. Is it possible these issues have already been addressed by corbon? ( I do not know how old the reviews are). does anyone else make a solid copper round for the 380acp? I would hate to spend the coin on them only to fine they jam the gun up after every shot
    Does anyone out there have any experience in using the all copper hollow points in the LCP's?
    I also want to ask would you consider a solid copper hollow point superior to a standard jacketed hollow point?

I am using Hydra-Shoks, consistent feed with good published rests. I was interested in Hornady Critical Defense but got a lot of fail-to-feeds. I polished the feed ramp and checked my mags, seems to feed better, but I am staying with Hydra-Shoks for now. My backup is Winchester Silvertips as have several boxes from when my dad had a .380. Itrie dBuffalo Bore +p hollow points for the extra oomph, but every round fails to return to battery, so I am done with those. I carry the LCP when I can't conceal my .38 snubnose.

Critical Defense
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I had bad luck with a few boxes of HCD's not feeding. So I use Gold Dots and PDX1's. It cycles any fmj I chose.

Magtech FMJ's in my lcp

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher10 View Post
    A poll, which .380 ACP round would you go with?

Speer Gold Dots (90gr) are what I carry in my LCP.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    Magtech FMJ's in my lcp
    how is the Magtech FMJ performing? do they have consistent velocity? btw, do they have flat nose FMJ?

Let me go look....ok S & B FMJ.....as i recall no problems whatsoever with this load...it works every time...and that is what it is all about

Cory be careful about +P in your LCP as the gun is not rated to use them.

I used a box of the S&B fmj and it ran fine. I believe it left a little more residue after shooting but not enough for me to not use it again.

Yeah, I bought it at Cabelas and the +p stuff was mixed in, I couldn't return it so I used it up. If it fed I might have kept it around but not a problem now!

Gold dots for me too. They're reliable in my gun and are available at the local big box stores.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links