Sellier & Bellot .40 180gr for 12 bucks?

This is a discussion on Sellier & Bellot .40 180gr for 12 bucks? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to go buy a box of .40 for my new MP40pro... It said 18 bucks on the stand, but when I cashed out, it ...

Thread: Sellier & Bellot .40 180gr for 12 bucks?

Sellier & Bellot .40 180gr for 12 bucks?

Went to go buy a box of .40 for my new MP40pro...

It said 18 bucks on the stand, but when I cashed out, it was 12.95...

is this a mistake, or this ammo is really that cheap? Thinking of going and buying few more boxes today hoping it's still 12 bucks lol

is this ammo good? accurate? I remember I shot some out of my Kahr P380 and it was horrible. but then later learned it was the gun, not the ammo. (my only experience with it)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I used to shoot a lot of it but then started having feed issues and went to Speer. But if it works, then you made a good buy.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I just went through almost 2000 rounds of their 9mm. 2 problems which I think were magazine related. Each box was $10. Probably right.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Not bad prices, I noticed walmart has 100 round boxes of .40 for $27.97 and 9mm for $19.97... Ive been buying that for a while now since its cheap getting ready to go back today and pick up another box of 9mm if they have any... oh and the .45ACP is $29.97 for 100 ...

I saw that, I wanted to buy a box of 9, but they were out... that's less than 10 bucks per 50. 28 bucks for 100 rounds of .40 is good too.

they are just always so hard to find and buy

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Not bad prices, I noticed walmart has 100 round boxes of .40 for $27.97 and 9mm for $19.97... Ive been buying that for a while now since its cheap getting ready to go back today and pick up another box of 9mm if they have any... oh and the .45ACP is $29.97 for 100 ...
    Those prices are cheaper than my Walmart here in Plano Texas. 9mm is $22 .40 is $31 and .45 is $40 or something. Maybe prices have dropped since I last looked though...

As for the other ammo mentioned seems about right compared to what I see online.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I saw that, I wanted to buy a box of 9, but they were out... that's less than 10 bucks per 50. 28 bucks for 100 rounds of .40 is good too.

they are just always so hard to find and buy
    Yup, I just got back from wally world and no 9mm at all and was down to 3 boxes of the .45, they had plenty of .40, I didnt buy any this time, Im trying to stock up on 9mm so when my new Glock 34 comes in I will have plenty of ammo for me and the wifes G19....

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    Yup, I just got back from wally world and no 9mm at all and was down to 3 boxes of the .45, they had plenty of .40, I didnt buy any this time, Im trying to stock up on 9mm so when my new Glock 34 comes in I will have plenty of ammo for me and the wifes G19....
    I hear ya. I want to stock up on ammo so bad, but I have a bad habit of buying other gun related stuff (or new guns)

I'd be very happy if I had about 1000 rounds of 9mm and .45 each (and 2,000 rounds of 5.56)

VIP Member
    The stuff I've shot in 9mm is a bit more dirty than most, but it's cheaper. And if you clean your guns regularly it's no big deal.

Accuracy was fine (at least as far as I could tell....).

Links