Best SD ammo - Page 2

Best SD ammo

This is a discussion on Best SD ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm currently carrying Hornady Critical Duty 40 cal. Seems to have great penetration thru glass, wood, and car doors....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best SD ammo

I'm currently carrying Hornady Critical Duty 40 cal. Seems to have great penetration thru glass, wood, and car doors.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'll post the obligatory:

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo
    Any load on this list will do right by you. Personally I am one of the "heavy for caliber" guys, so I prefer the 180gr loads, with the HST being my most often carried load.

[QUOTE=9 Micky Mouse;2377109 Not hitting your intended target puts innocent people at risk. Look at the Empire State Building shooting in New York, recently perp was hit as well as innocent civilians and NYPD needs to stop making excuses and compensate those who where hit.[/QUOTE]

Hey Mouse,
    Considering that you probably weren't there and all you know is what you saw on TV, you shouldn't be so quick to blame the NYPD for what happened.

Once someone points a weapon at you, he's a dead man. This is not negotiable. And when it occurs on a crowded street, sometimes there is the unfortunate "collateral damage" we have seen.

Additionally, the majority of the fired rounds DID hit the perp, but being 9mm, they just went right thru the guy, and ricocheted off those concrete "planters" (auto blockers that prevent cars from being driven into the building).

So the next time you want to jump on the NYPD, get your facts right. Its these kinds of bad info that makes matters much worse.

If I was you, I'd be careful, you're starting to sound like a liberal.

Oh and BTW, have you ever had someone point a weapon at your face, I have, more than once, and its a totally different ballgame than popping off a few rounds at a paper target at the pistol range.

Bruce
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

Smile

The "best" performing ammunition is perhaps the one which offers the best combination of #1 penetration and #2 expansion. You should desire sufficient penetration for the projectile to reach vital organs, and then enough expansion of the projectile to inflict damage. Then, you will need to determine the combination of platform and ammunition which you are most accurate with, including follow-up shots. Choosing a .45ACP because of its attributes will do you no good if you cannot accurately shoot the firearm.

Determine the the combination of firearm and caliber with which you are most accurate and comfortable with. Then determine which ammunition works best in that firearm, keeping in mind that which offers you the better combination of penetration and expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce272 View Post
    Hey Mouse,
    Considering that you probably weren't there and all you know is what you saw on TV, you shouldn't be so quick to blame the NYPD for what happened.

Once someone points a weapon at you, he's a dead man. This is not negotiable. And when it occurs on a crowded street, sometimes there is the unfortunate "collateral damage" we have seen.

Additionally, the majority of the fired rounds DID hit the perp, but being 9mm, they just went right thru the guy, and ricocheted off those concrete "planters" (auto blockers that prevent cars from being driven into the building).

So the next time you want to jump on the NYPD, get your facts right. Its these kinds of bad info that makes matters much worse.

If I was you, I'd be careful, you're starting to sound like a liberal.

Oh and BTW, have you ever had someone point a weapon at your face, I have, more than once, and its a totally different ballgame than popping off a few rounds at a paper target at the pistol range.

Bruce
    Yes I have and know exactly where your coming from. I've had a gun in my face armed/unarmed in combat/not in combat it is completely different. You will never know if your ready til that moment arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links