Liberty Halo-Point Civil Defense Ammunition

This is a discussion on Liberty Halo-Point Civil Defense Ammunition within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NotMallNinja I'm beyond skeptical when a business purports to have demonstrated their product to an "undisclosed unit in the US Army." ..and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Liberty Halo-Point Civil Defense Ammunition

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    I'm beyond skeptical when a business purports to have demonstrated their product to an "undisclosed unit in the US Army."
    ..and that didn't seem to know that pigs are "anatomically similar to man"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I like the heavier weight bullets...it just seems like if you hit someone with a heavier rock, it will hurt more...just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by UXOKyle View Post
    these rounds are amazing!!! I have them in my XDm 9mm and my XD .45 When PJ told me about these rounds I couldn't even wrap my head around them. After reading some of the Army's AARs and shooting a bunch of these rounds myself (I had to wait for PJ to send me some, way too expensive for my wallet) I don't think I will wanna carry anything else for defense. One of the AARs claimed a partial decapitation with just one round of the 78gr .45
    I guess a 10mm round in this would tear a hole in the time/space continuum.
    ZOMBIEvs42 likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Hey guys not TO resurrect a dead thread! But I work part time at a range and we just got this in and did some testing. Nothing to scientific, but here are some findings.

Recoil defintily felt reduced.
    Ammuntion is accurate.

We shot a a block of 10 % ballistic gel and found that their claims are pretty close to accurate. 45 Acp went about 12-13 inches on bare gel, wound channel was very devestating.

I think I want to try and do some heavy clothing tests ontop of ballistic gel to get a true idea of what this stuff is going to do.

Biggest benifit, is that your gun doens't pull your pants down anymore. I'm currently carring a G21 Gen 4. One 13 round weighs less than a 8 round single stack for a 1911.

Oo the other thing is you have great protection against Vampires!!! or wait is it Werewolves. Well I could fill them with garlic and then I'll have protection from both.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

These loads remind me very much of the Aquila IQ ammo which had bullets made from pure zinc. They were discontinued quite some time ago, due in part to producing very shallow penetration.

.45 ACP Aguila 117gr "High Power" Fragmenting HP

I am also suspicious of a product's advertising that relies on phrases like "demonstrated to an undisclosed unit in the US Army".
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

I'll be testing these soon. Did a preliminary short barrel velocity and point of impact test with a PM9 and was impressed by what I saw. 1789 fps average for 5 shots from the 3" barrel. Gallon water jug test wasn't nearly as impressive. I should have waited to run them into gel. Energy wise the 9mm is similar to a 124 grain moving at 1125 fps. This is right in line with HST 124 +P velocity so maybe a head to head test is in order.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

GH
    I'll be interested in the results of further testing. At this time they're just too expensive for my taste. I have a good supply of HST & Gold Dots in .40 cal so I'll pass on getting any now.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Just found this on Youtube
    Gel and drywall tests with 50gr 9mm.

Another review of Halo Ammo

Pocket Guns and Gear: Liberty Ammunition Halo Point 40 S&W Clear Gel test

Despite naysayers of frangible ammo and dutch loading. I might be inclined to load one in the chamber and top
    off the top 2 or 3 in the mag followed by top tier premium standard defense ammo and call it good. If they want
    to truly compete with the major ammo makers then I suggest they will need to come down in price to stay competitive.
    It seems to me that this performs better than any other frangible ammo I have seen thus far.
    finst3r likes this.
    “Our lives come from God. So does our right to defend them”
    There is only one gun law in this country, the 2nd Amendment. All else is bureaucratic nonsense that I choose to comply with or not at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwonderful View Post
    Despite naysayers of frangible ammo and dutch loading. I might be inclined to load one in the chamber and top
    off the top 2 or 3 in the mag followed by top tier premium standard defense ammo and call it good. If they want
    to truly compete with the major ammo makers then I suggest they will need to come down in price to stay competitive.
    It seems to me that this performs better than any other frangible ammo I have seen thus far.
    I'm glad theres some concrete testing coming out about this ammo,
    The more the better.
    mrwonderful likes this.

Wow....just stopped by to add my test to the thread as promised and found that someone beat me to it. Thanks very much mrwonderful, and I mean that sincerely. I appreciate when people spread the word about the tests I've done. It takes that task off my shoulders. 9mm video is done, but still need to write up the article. It will be published on Thursday.

I've learned to keep the blog articles and videos short or risk losing folks with very focused attention spans. I guess that's just the way of the world now. I had to cut this, but I found it very interesting and compelling. This was the front view of the block over the chronograph.

1 is the block at rest.
    2 is the second frame of bullet impact with the gel.
    3 is the resting block showing the dispersion of the fragments. I don't think you get such an even spread by luck. I think there was some serious engineering that went into the bullet design.

SnapShot(59).jpgSnapShot(60).jpgSnapShot(61).jpg
    mrwonderful likes this.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
    Wow....just stopped by to add my test to the thread as promised and found that someone beat me to it. Thanks very much mrwonderful, and I mean that sincerely. I appreciate when people spread the word about the tests I've done. It takes that task off my shoulders. 9mm video is done, but still need to write up the article. It will be published on Thursday.

I've learned to keep the blog articles and videos short or risk losing folks with very focused attention spans. I guess that's just the way of the world now. I had to cut this, but I found it very interesting and compelling. This was the front view of the block over the chronograph.

1 is the block at rest.
    2 is the second frame of bullet impact with the gel.
    3 is the resting block showing the dispersion of the fragments. I don't think you get such an even spread by luck. I think there was some serious engineering that went into the bullet design.

SnapShot(59).jpgSnapShot(60).jpgSnapShot(61).jpg
    Your welcome. Keep up the good work. Luv your stuff. Very informative. Very few people doing the kind of short barrel testing you have done. Kudos.
    “Our lives come from God. So does our right to defend them”
    There is only one gun law in this country, the 2nd Amendment. All else is bureaucratic nonsense that I choose to comply with or not at my discretion.

Ljutic :

Please test the .45 ?
    I have done some non scientific tests,
    but I would love to see a full blown review from you.
    Your writeups cover all the questions I generally would want the answers to.
    Thanks again for the great work,
    Your blog is now a favorite, I will be following.

Fin

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I'll be interested in the results of further testing. At this time they're just too expensive for my taste. I have a good supply of HST & Gold Dots in .40 cal so I'll pass on getting any now.
    Not me, I envy you, my son came for a visit in early December and we went to the range for an afternoon of shooting and fun. Shot most all my stuff just because wasn't an issue at the time. Couple weeks later as time permitted: went to get more ammo and "big issue". There was ammo but I had to settle for whatever they had in stock at the time and I'm happy I was able to resupply with something.

Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    Ljutic :

Please test the .45 ?
    I have done some non scientific tests,
    but I would love to see a full blown review from you.
    Your writeups cover all the questions I generally would want the answers to.
    Thanks again for the great work,
    Your blog is now a favorite, I will be following.

Fin
    I hope I have the chance to test the 45 at some point soon. Mentally kicking myself for not picking up a box at Midway when it was in-stock, but decided to start with the 40 so I ordered that instead. Then Ammunition Depot contacts me to see if I was interested in testing (ummmmm....yeah), but they only have the 40 and 9mm. I asked them again about the 45 last weekend as I really wanted to test all three and publish all three recaps this week, but AD can't get any 45s at the moment and Midway is still out of stock. So the desire was/is there, but the product wasn't available. AD has promised to send me some as soon as they get it and I have a product notification set up at Midway in case they get it first.

Thanks very much for the positive feedback on the tests.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links