5.56 vs. .45 - Page 4

5.56 vs. .45

This is a discussion on 5.56 vs. .45 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Wiggity So you have no personal experience with anything in the "real world" when it comes to wounding ballistics. Perfect, neither do ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 5.56 vs. .45

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggity View Post
    So you have no personal experience with anything in the "real world" when it comes to wounding ballistics.

Perfect, neither do I. Looks like we are both regurgitating. You, sir, have no more experience with wounding ballistics than I do.
    What ever you want to believe. If you want to see my experience with shooting things, use the search option.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Back pedaling are we?
    Can you read???!!! If you read the entire thread in it's context, my position has not changed. Ah, what's the use?!!
    If I give you a cracker, will you just fly away?
    Spidey2011 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What ever you want to believe. If you want to see my experience with shooting things, use the search option.
    I do not understand, why should I believe anything different my friend?

"shooting things" an wounding ballistics are two completely different things.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

What is your point, Wiggity?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

too tired to look up the link,but within the past few weeks was a link that had a trauma surgeon giving a scientific lecture on GSW. It is about 25 - 30 minutes long, and it shows all sorts of tests done in ballistic gel as well as sorts of pictures of real trauma.

Part way through he states, for the remainder of the presentation, we will focus on gsw from handguns as that is what as surgeons you will be working on. Rifle wounds are for the medical examiner. He showed fairly conclusively that the higher energy from a rifle wound is most often devastating whereas from a handgun it incapacitates. unless you hit the heart or the brain, the major cause of death from a hangun wound in bleeding to death. He was stating that if you haven't hit the heart/brain, and can stop the bleeding, the patient has a good chance of living.

So when you have a doc, whose job it is to work on gsw victims, and he is giving a lecture to fellow trauma surgeons saying if you are going to get shot, see if you can have it done by a handgun if you want to live, I will take him as the source to believe. More interesting , and he touched on some of it, is how does 5.56 compare say to 7.62.
    Spidey2011 likes this.

I am trying to understand why glockman10mm is saying what he is saying.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I am trying to understand why glockman10mm is saying what he is saying.
    What he's saying is that a 5.56 and a .45 will both kill you. There's only one degree of dead. Granted there WILL be more soft tissue and organ damage with the 5.56, which increases the odds of a one shot stop. Both calibers have their applications, and they're completely different. In all reality, it's about the same as comparing apples to oranges.
    OD*, glockman10mm and sparkykb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    What he's saying is that a 5.56 and a .45 will both kill you. There's only one degree of dead. Granted there WILL be more soft tissue and organ damage with the 5.56, which increases the odds of a one shot stop. Both calibers have their applications, and they're completely different. In all reality, it's about the same as comparing apples to oranges.
    Based on post #10, that is not what he is saying.

Your first sentence is inaccurate as well. They CAN kill you. By saying "will kill you" you are implying that they will both absolutely kill you and that is simply not reality. Anyone who has been shot by either of those rounds and has survived can vouch for this.

On average, a gunshot wound from a rifle is a more lethal (lethal meaning it is more likely to cause death) wound than a pistol wound. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Based on post #10, that is not what he is saying.

Your first sentence is inaccurate as well. They CAN kill you. By saying "will kill you" you are implying that they will both absolutely kill you and that is simply not reality. Anyone who has been shot by either of those rounds and has survived can vouch for this.

On average, a gunshot wound from a rifle is a more lethal (lethal meaning it is more likely to cause death) wound than a pistol wound. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.
    Bro you are reading way to much into things. Calm down and look at the post. They both will kill you. They both can kill you. apples and oranges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Bro you are reading way to much into things. Calm down and look at the post. They both will kill you. They both can kill you. apples and oranges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    How is pointing out false statements "reading way to much into this?"

If I did not look at the post, how would I know this?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Which post was a false statement?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Which post was a false statement?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    It is explained in post #53. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

It is explained in post #53. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Ok, you're saying that Spidey's comment in post #53 was false?

It may have been grammatically incorrect, but to say it was false is a bit of a stretch.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

He didn't make a false statement! He said they will both kill you. And they will. He didn't say that it would happen without a shadow of a doubt. Therefore my statement of you're reading to much into this stands true. Your obviously way to emotionally tied to internet forums and in a little tantrum so your taking it out on everyone.......therefore i will agree to disagree with you and end this. Let's try to put our big boy pants on and do the same shall we?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    glockman10mm likes this.

Maybe somebody needs their nap?
    Spidey2011 likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links