Blazer aluminum work in Kimber Ultra CDP II

Blazer aluminum work in Kimber Ultra CDP II

This is a discussion on Blazer aluminum work in Kimber Ultra CDP II within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II (3") .45. Being that the CCI Blazer aluminum ammo is one of the lowest cost I can ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: Blazer aluminum work in Kimber Ultra CDP II

Question Blazer aluminum work in Kimber Ultra CDP II

I just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II (3") .45. Being that the CCI Blazer aluminum ammo is one of the lowest cost I can find...can anyone assure me that it'll work good in this gun? I always used it in my Springfield 9mm and .40 with no issues, but I know the 1911 can be a little different. I have upgraded the mags to Wilson Combat...if that matters. Thanks!

I have shot Blazers in mine from time to time, but not recently. Can I assure you that you won't have any issues? No. But I can tell you that I haven't had any issues with them.
    jem102 likes this.

Welcome to the club. I just bought a new Kimber myself and am planing on shooting it in the morning. It is also a Ultra II with the 3'' in .45. I was wondering if it will feed hollow points. I hope so because I plan to carry it if all goes well at the range. Please do not ask for pics. I just don't know how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    Welcome to the club. I just bought a new Kimber myself and am planing on shooting it in the morning. It is also a Ultra II with the 3'' in .45. I was wondering if it will feed hollow points. I hope so because I plan to carry it if all goes well at the range. Please do not ask for pics. I just don't know how to do that.
    I have shot ammo of various bullet designs, including some with very large gaping hollow cavities in mine and have had no problems.

Well I shot my Kimber and I like it very much, but it did have three FTF's with hollow points. They were not bad and were easy to clear, just snaped the slide and they went right in. I hope this is because the gun is new and just needs breaking in. Out of a 150 rounds I guess this is not too bad with a new gun?

FWIW; All I can tell you is that Blazer Alum 9mm. has worked perfectly well in my M&P for many thousands of rounds.
    Why not buy a couple of boxes online to test. It costs more per round than an entire case but if they work you can then buy it in larger quantities.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Links