Using Wolf Ammo - Page 2

Using Wolf Ammo

This is a discussion on Using Wolf Ammo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray Hah! Never realized that we were so cutting edge back then. We were video game commandos before video games were invented. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Using Wolf Ammo

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Hah! Never realized that we were so cutting edge back then. We were video game commandos before video games were invented. Who knew we could have predicted the advent of video games? Why we could have invented video games...'cept we weren't smart enough.

An old, old scan of a photo of bmcgilvray just out of high school.

And the results.

^^^And the pictures^^^^^^^^^^^

Are in color as well!

You are surely not as old as you've led us all to believe!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    My main complaint with Wolf Ammo is with my M1 carbine. The Wolf .30 carbine round apparently doesn't produce enough pressure and the gas piston does not always have enough force to fully cycle the bolt. It is great for FTE/FTF drills but not reliable enough for me to use
    I have had a similar experiences shooting a 500rnd batch I bought a couple years ago out of my polytech legend Ak. Never have had any problems with anything else. I won't buy it again.

I tried some Wolf 40S&W once in my P229 with no luck. It didn't want to feed. Almost like the case was too abrasive to get reliably stripped from the magazine. Ran the rest of it through a G23 and my friends USP compact without any issues though.

my AK (SGL21) is fairly new so it's only seen about 1000rds. all of it Wolf. it doesn't even seem to care what direction you load the ammo in the magazine. it fires both the bullet and the steel case down range with prejudice and without any malfunctions so far.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I have run many thousands of rounds of Wolf ammo in AR's with no issues to speak of. For plinking or training its always been good to go for me. Its causes no malfunctions or damage to my weapons of any kind. I also have found Wolf to be about as accurate as any lower end brass cased ammo. The steel cases of the Wolf ammo are a soft steel and will do no damage to the hardened steel extractors. That assertion is nothing more than internet fantasy.
    I have shot the PISS out of wolf in my AK's and AR's over the years and never had an issue. I will get a dud on a very rare occasion and they have a bit harder primer, but the cost is so worth it.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I don't have much experience with Wolf but I've had good luck with TulAmmo. It's my understanding that both are made in the same factory in Russia so it shouldn't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Hah! Never realized that we were so cutting edge back then. We were video game commandos before video games were invented. Who knew we could have predicted the advent of video games? Why we could have invented video games...'cept we weren't smart enough.

An old, old scan of a photo of bmcgilvray just out of high school.

And the results.
    Haha Ill show you my microliscensewave when i get my laptop fixed.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    My sks gobbles em up like. Andy, but then again those two were practically made for each other.
    Sounds like Andy and Barney were closer than we knew!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links