Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

This is a discussion on Safety bullet- anyone seen this?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My gun safe does a fine job at rendering my firearms useless to any curious people, no matter what their age....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

My gun safe does a fine job at rendering my firearms useless to any curious people, no matter what their age.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

For those times when you absolutely must leave your pistol laying around with a magazine inserted amongst small children and adults who were the inspiration for a whole generation of products with warning labels...the safety bullet.

Sorry, I suppose there is a market for it but it is not for me. My pistol is in my holster or in a lock box always fully loaded with one in the chamber. It's in full hazardous condition, leaves me no room for error. I don't have the luxury of thinking I can leave it out, I think the chamber is empty.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    I seem to recall something like that was on the market about 7 or 8 years ago and it did not sell well then for the reasons already stated. I consider ALL guns as loaded until I myself insure they are not, no need for a gimmick.
    rigel42 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I seem to recall something like that was on the market about 7 or 8 years ago and it did not sell well then for the reasons already stated. I consider ALL guns as loaded until I myself insure they are not, no need for a gimmick.
    Yeah... but how many people bought pet rocks?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Yeah... but how many people bought pet rocks?
    True but in a pinch a pet rock may be used as a weapon.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    True but in a pinch a pet rock may be used as a weapon.
    Yeah, but give me a quart of paint, some time, and enough caffeine, and I could make a whole schoolyard of pet rocks. My point is that some people bought them. Those are the same people that are buying "safety bullets".
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    No, you can just eject a snap cap - there's no blocking mechanism there.

Besides, who wants to waste 2 live round opportunities? Some revolvers only hold 5 rounds, now you're using one for a dummy... or 2 for a semi auto, dumb, dumb, dumb....
    Actually, two span caps would work the same. The safety bullet does nothing in the auto that a snap cap can't do. All it does is, well, not fire. If it stopped you from being able to rack the next round, then it would be different. For a wheel gun, yes it would work different than a snap cap.
    Now that I think about it, a snap cap would probably be better for the gun anyway, since it's designed to dry fire. Plus, I seriously question the feed reliability of this thing. The snap caps at least has the same dimensions of a good old fashioned FMJ.

I have a newborn at home and that is the primary reason I have a biometric nightstand safe for my home defense and a safe for my others. And, let's be honest here, every time we come out with something that's 'safer', we end up finding better ways to hurt ourselves. It's the whole mousetrap saying. Teach em young, teach em right and remove the mystery of a gun and you'll more than likely have a safe environment.
    As tragic as this is, the stats of accidental shootings by kids aren't even a rounding error when you compare them to shaking infants; improper infant seat installation; or DUI's.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Actually, two span caps would work the same. The safety bullet does nothing in the auto that a snap cap can't do. All it does is, well, not fire. If it stopped you from being able to rack the next round, then it would be different. For a wheel gun, yes it would work different than a snap cap.
    Now that I think about it, a snap cap would probably be better for the gun anyway, since it's designed to dry fire. Plus, I seriously question the feed reliability of this thing. The snap caps at least has the same dimensions of a good old fashioned FMJ.

I have a newborn at home and that is the primary reason I have a biometric nightstand safe for my home defense and a safe for my others. And, let's be honest here, every time we come out with something that's 'safer', we end up finding better ways to hurt ourselves. It's the whole mousetrap saying. Teach em young, teach em right and remove the mystery of a gun and you'll more than likely have a safe environment.
    As tragic as this is, the stats of accidental shootings by kids aren't even a rounding error when you compare them to shaking infants; improper infant seat installation; or DUI's.
    Actually, I think the purpose is to disable the weapon if someone tries to fire it. Which, IMO, is a dangerous thing in and of itself.

Also, thanks to your avitar, I can't read your post without doing it in Ronald Reagan's voice...

-- John F. Kennedy

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scener...

Oh hi!

I was just wondering what a better world it would be if people could just read directions. Any idea on some good songs about common sense?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Blocking out the scener...

Oh hi!

I was just wondering what a better world it would be if people could just read directions. Any idea on some good songs about common sense?
    Says the poster whose avatar is a warning sign

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    What helps is to also provide a link to the video/article so all can see...

Ultimate Gun Safety Device- fast- easy- inexpensive
    Interesting concept, however where I live if you don't lock your guns with a safety lock or in an actual safe you can go to jail. I keep my firearms locked when at home and I have seen some options for quick access safes as well. Of course if my kids are smart enough to crack the safe, then I'd expect they eject the safety bullet and prepare to take over the world.....
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Says the poster whose avatar is a warning sign
    Ahh yes but I do read signs and directions lol

I just think its ironic that the people who once complained and wrote songs like that are the reason we have to now label coffee as hot
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Ahh yes but I do read signs and directions lol

I just think its ironic that the people who once complained and wrote songs like that are the reason we have to now label coffee as hot
    We're putting the sign in the wrong place...

"If he'd been wearin' his sign, I could have stopped him"

-- John F. Kennedy

Actually, I think the purpose is to disable the weapon if someone tries to fire it. Which, IMO, is a dangerous thing in and of itself.

Also, thanks to your avitar, I can't read your post without doing it in Ronald Reagan's voice...
    Watch the video again. Unless I missed something, the auto isn't disabled, just doesn't fire. The revolver is disabled, forcing you to use the rod to get it back into working order. I'll rewatch to see if I'm the one needing a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Watch the video again. Unless I missed something, the auto isn't disabled, just doesn't fire. The revolver is disabled, forcing you to use the rod to get it back into working order. I'll rewatch to see if I'm the one needing a sign.
    I didn't bother watching the video, maybe when I get home. I saw a claim that you had to use their tool to re enable the pistol though.

--
    Tapatalk, for when a mobile site is just too difficult.

-- John F. Kennedy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links