Safety bullet- anyone seen this?? - Page 4

Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

This is a discussion on Safety bullet- anyone seen this?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The safety is between your ears, not anything on the gun....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

The safety is between your ears, not anything on the gun.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The description regarding the use in a pistol is a little confusing to me. You put one in the chaber and one in the mag. Cycle twice for a live round. Firing the chambered round "disables" it but can still be removed by racking the slide. Firing on the newley chambered saftey supposedly "locks it ups."

If I were seriously going to use this product on a pistol to child proof it, Ill be more worried about them jamming their fingers in the slide if they even know how it works. Also unless its an older child I dont see many toddlers being able to manipulate the slide in the first place. At least in something with a heavy spring like a Kimber.

By the way, the kid on the home page has a really bad grip and stance. Someone isnt teaching gun safety at all.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    For the auto, wouldn't two snap caps do the same thing?
    I was just thinking the very same thing. How about keeping a snap cap chambered? I raised two children with guns in the house. They knew where they were. If they wanted to see them not a problem. My husband would take them down, unload them and let them see the guns. They were not a toy, they were not a game. They were also not a secret that a child just had to get a hold of.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I have a 12 and 10 year old. Both shoot and hunt. They know what weapons do. Additionally I carry my weapon at all times, children will not get ahold of it.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

I keep my guns in a safe with clear chambers but mag in. (In a home invasion I'd like to think I'd have 2 seconds to chamber a round hopefully.)

My kids know where my safes are and what are in them. 13 years and so far noone has touched my safes.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Yeah... but how many people bought pet rocks?
    Pet rocks were great!

I made lots of cash suckering the liberals into buying from me cheaper than they would pay at the store.

I didn't buy them, I would just find kewl looking rocks in the backyard and paint a name on it.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Seems to me that taking away one (or two) rounds to add an extra safeguard (or two) is a bit much.

Ensuring that your safety equipment and firearm storage is solid and in working order is still a better way to go, IMO. Obviously, as others have stated, proper firearm education and training for children in the household is a must.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Pass.

Interesting idea, for those who'd leave a firearm in a spot an unattended child could access it.

Myself, I'd prefer either holstering it, or putting it into the safe. There's something about an auto-disabling defensive gun that doesn't sit well with me, given the realities of stress-induced effects such as auditory/visual exclusion and altered perceptions. I can just see someone having an OMG moment (failing to rack, or single-racking) that jams up the pistol, just at the point when the assailant is producing deadly force to erase a person and/or one's whole family. Makes no sense, to me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Pass.

Interesting idea, for those who'd leave a firearm in a spot an unattended child could access it.

Myself, I'd prefer either holstering it, or putting it into the safe. There's something about an auto-disabling defensive gun that doesn't sit well with me, given the realities of stress-induced effects such as auditory/visual exclusion and altered perceptions. I can just see someone having an OMG moment (failing to rack, or single-racking) that jams up the pistol, just at the point when the assailant is producing deadly force to erase a person and/or one's whole family. Makes no sense, to me.
    I agree with you 100%. At least with the pistol, just enough focus can resolve the problem quickly but that probably wont come to an untrained person. Your situation with a revolver, you better hide or get out fast. "Wait Mr. BG, I have to stuff this rod down my barrel!"
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I agree with you 100%. At least with the pistol, just enough focus can resolve the problem quickly but that probably wont come to an untrained person. Your situation with a revolver, you better hide or get out fast. "Wait Mr. BG, I have to stuff this rod down my barrel!"
    Had a doc tell me that after my last visit to Thailand. Not fun.

Ladies & gentelmen: What hasn't been addressed is suppose that a kiddie,or a dummy, does access the firearm and snaps the hammer then simply replaces it where it was without telling poppy what he did, because of guilt or otherwise, then later poppy wakes up to see an intruder in the bedroom, grabs a locked up pistol & zass, will naturally lead to his sudden appearance in the local obituary column.

A pistol is a last ditch defensive device, it should be kept ready at instant notice, not locked up in a safe somewhere else or needs a sensitive, time consuming action, such as double racking a slide with the accompanying noise alerting an intruder, who will instinctively use that bit of period to do his thing. Most gun fights are over during the double rack time and sight / pistol alignment process.

Why I keep my S&W mod 28, .357, under the blankets, about waist level, I can acces and fire it from under the blanets, with no further notice, a factor which contributed to my still being here.

Funny, we never had this problem when I was a kiddie and guns were everywhere? I received my first firearm, a Winchester mod. 94, 30 30 carbine, on my 10 th birthday, still have it some 79 years later. Great grand kiddies will be figting over it from the grandkiddies.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayopo View Post
    Why I keep my S&W under the blankets, about waist level, I can acces and fire it from under the blanets, with no further notice, a factor which contributed to my still being here.
    Sounds... dangerous. Like the gun-under-the-pillow thing, what keeps it from moving around in the bed while you sleep?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Morning livewire: coffee in the patio with me? Dangerous ?? why?? the under the pillow thingie is a no no for the same reason as a night table or double racking. You can delicately reach over and retrieve the pistol while you are accessing the situation, then, if necessary, fire it - presumably you have learned to point fire it??

Don jose de La Mancha

Quote Originally Posted by Tayopo View Post
    Morning livewire: coffee in the patio with me? Dangerous ?? why?? the under the pillow thingie is a no no for the same reason as a night table or double racking.

Don jose de La Mancha
    Unless you sleep like the dead and don't move at all through the night, you'd have to fish around in the bed to find it. Not to mention that one mis-timed twitch with your hand over the weapon could end up with an unexpected BANG in the middle of the night.

I keep at least one on the nightstand, but having it actually in the bed is a scary thought... but maybe my SO and I just move around more than you do.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

G'morning pscupio, there are new varations of the super antibiotics that will take care of that --

Don Jose de la Mancha

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links