Safety bullet- anyone seen this?? - Page 5

Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

This is a discussion on Safety bullet- anyone seen this?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Live wire my friend, years of exploring and two wars have taught me to not to flop around in a bed, especially in a sleeping ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

Live wire my friend, years of exploring and two wars have taught me to not to flop around in a bed, especially in a sleeping bag. so I just remain there at times too long, perhaps, but so far no problems. As for the pistol moving aorund, surprisingly enough, it doesn't, biggest problem is using a none staining oil. Try it sometime.

Now about that coffee in the patio ?

Don Jiose d eLa Manchs

Quote Originally Posted by Tayopo View Post
    Live wire my friend, years of exploring and two wars have taught me to not to flop around in a bed, especially in a sleeping bag. so I just remain there at times too long, but so far no problems. As for the pistol moving aorund, surprisingly enough, it doesn't, biggest problem is using a none staining oil. Try it sometime.

Now about that coffee in the patio ?

Don Jiose d eLa Manchs
    Heh, my throat is bugging me today, I've had all the coffee I can stand. Already onto green tea.

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend would kick me out on the couch if I wanted to sleep with a pistol in the bed. But a nightstand gun is more than sufficient.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Good moring again live wire, whle you are drinking the coffee, err green tea, I might mention that this is why I favor a revolver over a semi. Also one night in the Yucatan jungles while looking for Mayan ruins, I woke up to see an Indian with his machete at ready looking at me, a single shot next to him convinced him to go somewhere else. Yes I could have killed him, but-- so I am a softy, but if I had had to fumble around in a night table - come to think of it, there were no night tables in the jungle camp, - I wouldn't be here.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Good moring again live wire, whle you are drinking the coffee, err green tea, I might mention that this is why I favor a revolver over a semi. Also one night in the Yucatan jungles while looking for Mayan ruins, I woke up to see an Indian with his machete at ready looking at me, a single shot next to him convinced him to go somewhere else. Yes I could have killed him, but-- so I am a softy, but if I had had to fumble around in a night table - come to think of it, there were no night tables in the jungle camp, - I wouldn't be here.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Well... as I don't anticipate being in a jungle camp anytime soon (though a forest camp wouldn't be out of the question if my state wasn't on fire), I'll just keep my pistol on the night stand. Anyone breaks into my house (or my tent), they'll set off the alarm and I'll have time to reach that few inches to my nightstand.

The alarm:
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Live wire ?? You actually mean to say that you value your girl friend over a big, beautiful, S&W Revolver ??? sigh this modern generation.

In any event, this so called safety cartridge is basically a gimmick thingie as far as I am concerned. While beyond a doubt it may save a kiddie or dummy, it is not to be considered for a defensive pistol. As for locking up a revolver, I always use the single action feature where possible, this would instantly alert me to the fact that it was hung up.

Love your non failing alarm, a Beauty.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Geck45 returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Geck45 returns.
    Where?

I don't want to upset him... you can't fight that kind of power

-- John F. Kennedy

So ... how about that safety bullet.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    So ... how about that safety bullet.
    The only "safety" bullet I've seen is the one flying away from me at high velocity... the one linked in the OP is designed to prevent that from happening.

Conclusion: I don't want one.
    Tayopo likes this.

-- John F. Kennedy

Funny, we never had this problem when I was a kiddie and guns were everywhere? I received my first firearm, a Winchester mod. 94, 30 30 carbine, on my 10 th birthday, still have it some 79 years later. Great grand kiddies will be figting over it from the grandkiddies.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    You know, there were guns everywhere when I was a kid. My friends father was a cop and took his off after work and put it on top of the fridge. I don't remember ever hearing of a child shooting them self or someone else.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

someone with money should buy the patent and hide it before someone gets killed attempting to use it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links