Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

This is a discussion on Safety bullet- anyone seen this?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think the inventor/ owner lives in the same town as me, Panama City. The video is interesting, but not sold on it....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

Safety bullet- anyone seen this??

I think the inventor/ owner lives in the same town as me, Panama City.

The video is interesting, but not sold on it.

2. Remove Ads

What helps is to also provide a link to the video/article so all can see...

Ultimate Gun Safety Device- fast- easy- inexpensive
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Ahh so thats what that does. I have been wondering why a "safety" bullet would have a nail in it. I didnt really think it shot the nail though lol. They sell them at the range I shoot at but the package dosnt have a whole lot of information on it. I presume its all in the instructions. Interesting concept.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Unique idea. I'm honestly not sure if I like it or not. I can see it could help prevent an accident if a kid gets ahold of your gun. I don't have any kids at home and my wife shoots and is very safety conscious, so I don't see a need for this.
    darbo likes this.

Good information to know. My fear is that gun control weenies will get wind of it and try to pass legislation mandating it for all firearm owners. I don't want any additional steps between me and protecting my life and I sure as heck don't want a useless firearm should I forget. Like SmokinFool I don't have kids and have no use for this.
    darbo likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I also have no children in my home, but I can see that in some households this could be a practical safety device. When it comes to kids though, I'd rather just not let them get to the point of them holding it in their hands at all. My guns are either on my hip or locked up.

The human mind that can fail to remember to be responsible with handguns around children can also fail to remember how to correctly utilize a safety device which, by its design, disables a handgun.

No such device that renders handguns inoperable is desired around here. Handguns used for personal defense are inherently dangerous and that's as it should be.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Although my boys are grown now, they were taught respect and proper handling of firearms at a very young age.....but any safety device where children are involved is definately worth it.......IMO.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'd unload my gun before I took the chance of inadvertantly "disabling" it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    I dunno... I can see this getting someone killed in a stressfire situation.
    I consider my handgun "safe" when it's cocked, locked and under my direct control... otherwise in a locked safe.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Dumbest thing I've EVER seen for gun safety...

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    For the auto, wouldn't two snap caps do the same thing?

No, you can just eject a snap cap - there's no blocking mechanism there.

Besides, who wants to waste 2 live round opportunities? Some revolvers only hold 5 rounds, now you're using one for a dummy... or 2 for a semi auto, dumb, dumb, dumb....

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I've seen these sold at the gun show I attend every so often. Sounds like a good idea in theory, but I don't trust myself enough to remember that darned thing is in there should someone come barging in uninvited in the middle of the night. The gun is for self/home defense. I can't defend myself very well with a gun that won't shoot.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Moderator
    I believe in pistol safes and education (or fear of "Daddy") to keep my sons safe from guns.

My boys know that they can handle my guns with me, and they know that if they ever see a gun that they shouldn't touch it and notify an adult.

They also know that you never point a gun at someone. Unless it is a Nerf gun
    rocky likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links