The 40 S&W; Taking another look

This is a discussion on The 40 S&W; Taking another look within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What kind of 9mm did you pick up? I have a Ruger P89DC that i don't carry, but use at the range all the time. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The 40 S&W; Taking another look

What kind of 9mm did you pick up? I have a Ruger P89DC that i don't carry, but use at the range all the time. It had a very smooth trigger pull right out of the box and I have been shooting it for about 10 years now and have never had a malfunction.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    What kind of 9mm did you pick up? I have a Ruger P89DC that i don't carry, but use at the range all the time. It had a very smooth trigger pull right out of the box and I have been shooting it for about 10 years now and have never had a malfunction.
    I'm not sure if this question was directed at me, but it was a Sig P229 E2.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

The .40 S&W is a fine cartridge

The .40 S&W cartridge throws a heavier bullet of greater diameter at the same or greater velocity than a 9x19 NATO round. I find the 9x19 NATO round suitable as a mini gun type round, not a serious defense pistol.

I find it fairly easy to shoot in my pistol, a H&K. Nor do I get serious case bulges from lack of support. The pistol involved is smaller in size than the .45s in my collection with the possible exception of the Commander. However, I won't miss the H&K in an evidence locker for extended periods of time like I would the Colt automatics in the armory.

.40 S&W is an excellent compromise in terms of horsepower, size and ergonomics -controlability. If your tastes, size of hand or sensibilities direct you to another firearm, be my guest. Just don't think your tastes and desires are the laws of the Universe.
    40Bob likes this.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

I love my SIG .40!!! I like the round and the lower recoil.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links