How big a deal is "dirty?"

This is a discussion on How big a deal is "dirty?" within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by smolck The few times I bought in bulk, I ran through it faster. My subconscious kept saying "why not go to the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How big a deal is "dirty?"

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    The few times I bought in bulk, I ran through it faster. My subconscious kept saying "why not go to the range, you have a lot of ammo ya know?"
    Well you never want to get into reloading,some night you will be dreaming about reloading ammo and wake up with a sore arm,you will also shoot more for less money,but between casting bullets and loading ammo you will spend about 3-4 hours to load about 1000 rounds with my equipment
    smolck likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Up to this point I've had a buy-it-as-you-use-it approach to getting ammo. I keep a loaded gun and full extra magazine. Other than that, I get a box of practice ammo at the range and shoot it up before I leave. I would like to keep more of an inventory at home so that 1) we have more on hand and 2) I'm not paying full price on something I could have gotten on sale months before.

SO... I'm entering the world of bulk ammo buying.
    I suggest checking with your range before stocking up. My range says FMJ is fine, but they won't allow Herter's (I think it is Cabela's house brand). So if you have any doubt, ask your range before you buy. I think you will be safe with any major brand such as Federal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I suggest checking with your range before stocking up. My range says FMJ is fine, but they won't allow Herter's (I think it is Cabela's house brand). So if you have any doubt, ask your range before you buy. I think you will be safe with any major brand such as Federal.
    I didn't realize ranges could keep certain brands off their range, I guess that makes sense. In a year or so I'll be moved back to NEPA, where I can shoot on my own property, but for now I'm still paying for range time and stuck to their rules. Thanks for the heads up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links