Do you anticipate an ammo shortage?

This is a discussion on Do you anticipate an ammo shortage? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mprp 1 old 0311, I see you even snapped a shot of your ammo delivery for your avatar. Nice touch. I hope ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do you anticipate an ammo shortage?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    1 old 0311, I see you even snapped a shot of your ammo delivery for your avatar. Nice touch. I hope your subfloor is concrete.

If you are a regular shooter buy ammo in BULK on sale. It NEVER goes down in price and if money gets tight you can sell some.
    mprp likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Both SGAmmo and AmmoToGo have delayed shipping because of increased orders. The shipping rates have increased at both places too. Just ordered 200 rounds of 5.56 55 gr M194 red tracer from SGAmmo today. SGAmmo also said they have noted some increased prices on some brands. Earlier this month I have ordered from both places a total of 2000 rounds of 9mm and 5.56 M855.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

I got the same reply from both companies that delays due to volume of increased orders. My first order came in on election day, the second came in yesterday. Yes my floor is also concrete.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Re: Do you anticipate an ammo shortage?

There were a lot of empty spots on the ammo shelves at Academy Sports, mostly the cheaper stuff.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    I just got a message from Lucky Gunner that their sales increased 400% at 10:00 p.m. election night but they are catching up on shipping.

Post Election Updates From LuckyGunner.com

Hey Gunners! Last week we were hit with a huge onslaught of demand... around 10pm Tuesday night when Ohio was called we saw our volume increase by 400%!
    Our team was at the office until 2am and back up around 5am hunting for deals. Our warehouse team has been working 7 days a week to ensure that we stay on top of this market frenzy. Over the past week, you may have seen a message on our site regarding possible shipping delays outside of our standard same day shipping policy (if placed before 3pm EST). We wanted to alert you that we are now back up to speed and able to deliver on our super fast shipping policy with every order!
    Please know that we are committed to serving you- even when things heat up quickly! Check out all of our In Stock specials below and live on LuckyGunner.com and Stock Up!

VIP Member
    I am not connected with any ammo company (CRAP) but I got an e-mail today. Ammoman has 223 mouse ammo on sale, and Cheaper Than Dirt has 9mm PMC at $10.99 for 50.

You were right lol

Quote Originally Posted by 481 View Post
    Yep.

Zero has no reason to hold back now. He'll go after permanent reinstatement of the '94 AWB as soon as the dust settles (he's already said as much) and the "2012 run on guns and ammo" will make the 2008 "run" look like a non-event.

Get 'em while you can boys!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Old thread, but It deserves to be revived.

I went to Academy yesterday and the cupboard was almost completely bare. I expected it to be bad but not as bad as it was.

I was going to pick up some 380 acp which has been hard to get for some time, so I expected not to see it, and I didn't. I was also going to pick up some 22 LR to go target shooting with my grandson. What shocked the heck out of me is that there was not one round of 22 long rifle ammo there.
    I have never seen 22 ammo sold out anywhere. Are people actually hoarding 22 long rifle ammo? I realize there is probably a ban coming on what some politicians consider assault rifles & high capacity mags. But does anyone really think there will be a ban on the long standing 22 LR round ?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie765 View Post
    Old thread, but It deserves to be revived.

I went to Academy yesterday and the cupboard was almost completely bare. I expected it to be bad but not as bad as it was.

I was going to pick up some 380 acp which has been hard to get for some time, so I expected not to see it, and I didn't. I was also going to pick up some 22 LR to go target shooting with my grandson. What shocked the heck out of me is that there was not one round of 22 long rifle ammo there.
    I have never seen 22 ammo sold out anywhere. Are people actually hoarding 22 long rifle ammo? I realize there is probably a ban coming on what some politicians consider assault rifles & high capacity mags. But does anyone really think there will be a ban on the long standing 22 LR round ?
    They sure are hoarding .22 LR ammo. Mini-mags have been hard to get for awhile now. The last few times I've looked for it, its been sold out. .22 magnums (.22 WMR) are still available as well as .17HMR - locally in my area.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links