"Girl Bullets" from Hornady? - Page 2

"Girl Bullets" from Hornady?

This is a discussion on "Girl Bullets" from Hornady? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, in the same instant you shoot to defend your life, you are also saying "I support breast cancer research, now DIE!!" Maybe not that ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "Girl Bullets" from Hornady?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    So, in the same instant you shoot to defend your life, you are also saying "I support breast cancer research, now DIE!!"

Maybe not that exactly, but you get the idea...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Hornady may throw out some gimmicks, but you know what? I think they're kind of cool. I totally grabbed a box of zombie ammo to keep in the ammo box and not use.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Re: "Girl Bullets" from Hornady?

Can't watch the video at the moment but from those who posted, I pretty much get the point.

I have no problems with gimmicks. Companies are in business to make money, not go broke. Also, I'm glad to hear some proceeds go to breast cancer (5 HR energy is doing this too with a pink lemonade flavor) is pretty cool. I have 4 breast cancer survivors in my family.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    darbo, Recon1342 and CeltKnight like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Hornady Critical Defense Lite - when you care enough to send the very best! (with apologies to Hallmark)
    minimalbrat likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Hornady may through out some gimmicks, but you know what? I think they're kind of cool. I totally grabbed a box of zombie ammo to keep in the ammo box and not use.
    I love their disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Handgun :: Choose by Caliber :: 45 Auto :: 45 Auto 185 gr Z-MAX™
    accessbob and CeltKnight like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I think it's funny how it's obviously being marketed towards women without actually SAYING that it's for women (it's for "all shooters").
    Are you saying that it should say "These bullets are faaaaaaabulous" on the box?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

So what are we looking at? 6-8in of penetration?

Better than a pencil, sure, but come on!

Ladies (and "all shooters"), get yourself a real round, you're not shooting this as a hand massage, you're shooting it while fighting for your life.

You wont care about the extra recoil, but you just might care about the lack of penetration.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

That girl's nails were heeeelllla tacky!

They are definitely pretty! I wonder if they really make a difference in the recoil. Maybe if I had used these, I would have gotten a J-frame after all.

It's a moot point since my EDC has no issues with recoil.

They had to of course throw the breast cancer research support in to drive the marketing point home...

I'd still take the zombie bullets, though.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    So what are we looking at? 6-8in of penetration?

Better than a pencil, sure, but come on!

Ladies (and "all shooters"), get yourself a real round, you're not shooting this as a hand massage, you're shooting it while fighting for your life.

You wont care about the extra recoil, but you just might care about the lack of penetration.
    6-8 inches sounds pretty significant to me. I don't know about you, but there's only one thing I want 6-8 inches of penetrating me, and it sho ain't a bullet.

....TMI?
    msgt/ret, mano3, wdbailey and 7 others like this.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

LEO: So, what did you see?
    Witness: Not much, but I did hear a woman shout "Save the TaTa's" and then bang, bang, bang, bang.
    mano3, daffyduc and darbo like this.

If you have to ask TMI afterwards, probably is.
    LaraCroft10 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Look, to each their own, that's not MY thing, but I can understand.lol

Well, BULLETS (from a gun) ideally penetrate 12-15 inches (someone correct me if I'm wrong). And of course the number I'm discussing is penetration in ordnance gel, and in the real world may penetrate much less.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Let me know when they have a lead poisoning awareness marketing scheme. I'll buy a case of em.
    FoggyGoggles likes this.

A 90 grain bullet at a reported 1200 FPS from a 4 inch barrel? Sounds sorta exaggerated to me. I will wait to hear real-world chronograph data from someone who doesn't work for Hornady before I believe it. Until then I will hold the position that that light of a bullet is a disservice regardless of recoil.

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Handgun :: Choose by Caliber :: 38 Special :: 38 Special 90 gr FTX® Critical Defense® LITE

My personal target penetration in...uhhhh... self defense rounds is 15 inches. I have personally seen plenty of underpenetration terminal ballistics to include .45 hardball stopped by in one case a foot and another a knee. A 90 grain .38 bullet just isn't gonna have the horsepower to get there. Low recoil at the cost of decreased penetration has the potential to equal 6 feet if used in the wrong circumstances. Just sayin'.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links